– Be it for the right or wrong reasons, Salman Khan’s films always stay in the news and the same is happening with his next film ‘Sultan’ too. The shooting of this Yash Raj Films production has already started but the leading actress is yet to be announced. The makers have already finalized the heroine but they have kept her name under wraps. We don’t know why the makers are playing this mystery game and when they are going to announce it officially, but we are enjoying this enigma. Names of many big actresses like Deepika Padukone, Parineeti Chopra, Kriti Sanon did the rounds in the middle as potential heroines of ‘Sultan’, but they all refuted these speculations later. Deepika herself had confirmed a month ago that she hasn’t signed any film post her forthcoming ‘Bajirao Mastani’. Kriti too recently said, “I’ve not been offered Sultan. If I had, I would be over the moon”. Parineeti Chopra who is currently jobless after the debacle of ‘Kill Dil’ (2014) also broke her silence and clarified, “Guys, I am not doing Sultan, please put all rumours and speculations to rest and let me announce my next film when the time is right.” So we also put the confusion of our mind to the rest and let Ali Abbas Zafar do the declaration of Salman’s heroine in his next. Looking at this not-revealing strategy, don’t be surprised if a newcomer is paired opposite Sallu bhai.
– It seems Deepika Padukone is finally ready to break into Hollywood. Rumour has it that she will star in ‘XXX: The Return of Xander Cage’ and will be playing Vin Diesel’s new love interest. This news which is yet to be confirmed officially, started rounding in the media after Deepika posted a cryptic photo of herself peering over the shoulder of a bald man (many believe to be Vin Diesel) standing in front of the iconic XXX logo. Not only this, Deepika’s publicist also posted the same pic with message, “Am so proud of this girl. What an announcement… What a journey it has been!!” His message surely confirms something big but it is the same Hollywood film that is being reported in media or something else, only time will tell.
– Varun Dhawan who is currently busy with the promotion of Rohit Shetty’s ‘Dilwale’, is soon going to star in his director father David Dhawan’s next film. We have heard that it will be the remake of this year’s superhit Telugu film ‘Srimanthudu’, written and directed by Koratala Siva. Varun will be reprising Mahesh Babu’s character in this film while Shruti Haasan is likely to star opposite him. Shruti has been reportedly offered this movie, however she hasn’t given her nod yet. It would be an interesting pair if Varun-Shruti are paired opposite each other. The film will be produced by Eros International.
– When filmmaker Gauri Shinde announced her next film few months back, there was a lot of talk about the movie regarding its unusual pairing. Shah Rukh Khan and Alia Bhatt opposite each other, doesn’t it sound weird? But, now we have heard that SRK is not playing the main lead opposite Alia in this film, he will be seen in just an extended cameo. SRK’s character is reported to be prominent which affects Alia’s life somehow. This yet-to-be-titled woman-centric film will have three males playing lead roles, besides the ‘Student Of The Year’ (2012) actress. The shooting of the movie is likely to roll in early next year.
– After Emraan Hashmi and Esha Gupta’s “Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon”, Shilpa Shetty’s “Wedding Da Season” and Sunny Leone’s “Super Girl from China”, it’s time to get ready for the next melodious single by T-Series. Bhushan Kumar’s music company is releasing singles every 15-20 days and we can say that T-Series is creating the era of singles and replacing the albums era. which is purely healthy for the music industry. Well, let’s move ahead: T-Series is going to release its next single on December 13, 2016. The single is titled “Yahi Hoon Main”, features Ayushmann Khurrana and Yami Gautam, coming together for the second time after ‘Vicky Donor’. They will be seen as college-goers who grow into mature persons in this track, which has been directed by Amit Roy. It’s a nostalgic song that plays out from Yami’s point of view. Set against a romantic backdrop, the video is filmed in Himachal Pradesh’s scenic Chail region. Ayushmann himself has sung this track while his college friend Rochak Kohli has composed it. This singer-composer duo has together delivered hit tracks like “Mitti Di Khusboo” and “Paani Da Rang” and hence we are expecting the same magic with this single too.
– Director Sudhir Mishra’s next film ‘Aur Devdas’ has got a new title. The film which is a remake of Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay’s ‘Devdas’, will now be called ‘Das Dev’. According to sources, Devdas always comes off as a sad character, especially a drunkard, and that’s why the makers decided to give it a twist with a new title. The movie that showcases Devdas against the politics of Uttar Pradesh as the backdrop, stars Rahul Bhatt in the title role, Richa Chadda as Paro, Aditi Rao Hydari as Chandramukhi and Vineet Kumar Singh as Paro’s lover which is a new addition in the remake.
– After Ludhiyana, the next schedule of Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ will be shot in Pune. The film needs to be shot at stadiums and hence the makers have decided to shoot it in Pune as this city has world-class stadiums. Some extensive sequences will be filmed during this two months long schedule. After Pune, the star cast will head to Delhi for yet another shooting schedule.
– So, Kangana Ranaut has achieved that feat which other actresses can only dream. This most-talented actress has been paid more than her male counterparts in one of her next films. She has been reportedly paid Rs. 100 million for Vishal Bhardwaj’s next musical romance, ‘Rangoon’. It is more than her male co-stars of the same film – Saif Ali Khan and Shahid Kapoor, who have been paid Rs. 60 million and Rs. 50 million respectively. With this, Kangana has now become one of the highest paying female actors in India. Congrats Kangana, you deserve it!
– UFC fighter Tyron T-Wood Woodley aka The Choosen 1 will also star in Ali Abbas Zafar’s ‘Sultan’. He will be seen as a wrestler who fights with Salman Khan in one of the leading match in the film. Tryon is ranked Number 2 in the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s (UFC) welterweight division with a 15-3 (Wins-Losses) records. Meanwhile, reports are coming that Randeep Hooda has been roped in to play Salman’s wrestling coach in Sultan. It will be second time they will be seen together, after creating magic with their chemistry in ‘Kick’ (2014). Randeep will have to train physically for this role for which he will start the training in early next year.
– After delivering hit numbers this year, music composer Amaal Mallik is ready to create the magic with his compositions next year too. Amaal has more than ten films projects in his kitty for 2016, which makes him among the busiest composers in the industry. His new year magical music journey will start from Akshay Kumar starrer ‘Airlift’ in which he has composed four songs. Then there is Sunny Leone starrer ‘Mastizade’ and after that, his compositions will be heard during the whole year. He is composing for films like ‘MS Dhoni: The Untold Story’, ‘Baaghi’, ‘Kapoor & Sons’, ‘Sanam Re’, ‘Rocky Handsome’, ‘Juniyaat’, ‘Tere Bin 2’ among others.