– Sooraj Barjatya and Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ (PRDP) is undoubtedly the most awaited film of this year. From the time the film was announced, it gathered more attention than all other movies. And now, finally the movie is ready to hit the theatres just after 11 days and the buzz is great. Trade people are expecting that it will create history at the box office from the first day itself. If a trade analyst is to be believed, ‘PRDP’ is expected to do Rs. 450 million on the first day and Rs. 1.5 billion over the weekend, which will be the highest for any film in India. The film has received a ‘U’ certificate from the censor board and is all set to be a ‘dhamakedar’ watch-out for family audiences with a runtime of around 2 hours and 45 minutes.
– In an earlier column, we revealed that Hrithik Roshan has signed ‘Jazbaa’ fame director Sanjay Gupta’s next film that will be produced by his father Rakesh Roshan. Now, we have heard this film has been reportedly titled ‘Farmayish’. It will be an intense drama and will go on floors post mid-2016, only after he finishes the shooting of Ashutosh Gowariker’s ongoing big budget historical drama ‘Mohenjo Daro’. The actress opposite Hrithik hasn’t been finalized yet.
– The theatrical trailer of Rohit Shetty’s ‘Dilwale’ will be launched on November 9, 2015 at a big event in Mumbai. The three and a half minute trailer of the movie will be attached with Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ that releases on November 12, 2015 in theatres all over. ‘Dilwale’ is one of the biggest releases of this year and marks the comeback of the evergreen on screen couple – Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol after a long gap. Varun Dhawan and Kriti Sanon’s chemistry has also excited fans to watch this outing that releases on December 18, 2015.
– Filmmaker Boney Kapoor has announced the sequel to his 1987 hit film ‘Mr. India’. However the sequel will not go on floors any time soon. We heard that it is currently in scripting stage and may begin only in 2017. While the original film starred Anil Kapoor and Sri Devi, the sequel is expected to star Boney’s son Arjun Kapoor along with young actress.
– Reliance Entertainment has acquired the worldwide distribution rights of Vidhu Vinod Chopra Films’ next venture ‘Wazir’, that stars Amitabh Bachchan and Farhan Akhtar in the lead roles. This is the second time Reliance and VVCF have teamed up as they have successfully delivered the blockbuster ‘3 Idiots’ in 2009. Directed by Bijoy Nambiar and written by Abhijat Joshi and Vidhu Vinod Chopra, ‘Wazir’ is scheduled to release on Janaury 8, 2016.
– Akshay Kumar and Priyadarshan are one of the most successful actor-director duos in Bollywood. They have worked several times together and delivered some of the biggest hits. ‘Hera Pheri’, ‘Garam Masala’ and ‘Bhool Bhulaiyaa’ are only to name a few in the list of their successful collaborations. And now, rumours are doing the rounds that they are soon going to team up once again for a comedy film that will be made under the Rohit Shetty’s banner. More details about this project is awaited.
– Karan Johar who is currently in London for the shooting of his next release ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’, has dropped the plan of his much talked about mega project ‘Shuddhi’ for now. The film that stars Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt, was planned to begin filming next year, but now it has been postponed to 2017. This intense love story demands a whole year to shoot and hence Karan has decided to make it only after he completes all his present commitments.
– Abhishek Varman who directed ‘2 States’ (2014) with Arjun Kapoor and Alia Bhatt, is all set to begin his next film. And guess what? His next film will also star Alia in the lead. The director recently met Alia with the script and she loved it and agreed to be the leading lady of this movie. It will be a big budget movie and Karan Johar will produce it under his Dharma Productions banner. Alia will be teaming with an A-list actor in this film. All the interesting details about this project has been kept under wraps.
– Bhushan Kumar who started the trend of making singles with Bollywood stars with his music company T-Series, is continuing on the same path with bigger projects. T-Series is currently working on two back-to-back star stubbed singles. While the first single will star Emraan Hashmi and Esha Gupta, the later will have Sooraj Pancholi and Jacqueline Fernandez romancing each other. The single starring the ‘Raaz 3’ pair has been titled “Main Rahoon Yaa Na Rahoon” and it has been sung by Arman Malik and Amaal Malik has composed the music. The video has been directed by ‘Tevar’ fame director Amit Sharma and it was recently shot in Goa. The next one, featuring Sooraj and Jacqueline will be a youthful, hip-hop number called “Girl Friend”. Remo D’Souza will choreograph this song for which the actors are currently rehearsing with a dance crew called 13.13. This track will be shot in an exotic location.
– After the super success of their first comedy trial ‘Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon’, director duo Abbas-Mustan have now decided to back in their favourite genre – thrillers. We heard that they have started working on their next project which is apparently a thriller. According to a reliable source, they have approached Sooraj Pancholi for the lead role in this film and the actor who debuted in Bollywood recently with ‘Hero’, has also given his nod to the project. The film is currently in scripting stage and will begin rolling next year.
– Filmmaker Neeraj Pandey himself has confirmed to us that John Abraham is doing a special cameo in his next film that is based on the real-life of Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni. John and Dhoni are close friends and share a good rapport. So when Neeraj asked him to do a cameo in ‘MS Dhoni: The Untold Story’, he happily agreed. The biopic is currently filming its first schedule in Raanchi. Sushant Singh Rajput will be playing Dhoni while Kiara Advani will be seen as his wife Sakshi Singh Dhoni. Anupam Kher is playing Dhoni’s father. Produced by Fox Star Studios and Inspired Entertainment, the film is set to release in mid-2016.
– Nishikant Kamat’s two films – ‘Rocky Handsome’ and ‘Madari’ has been postponing for a year now. Both films have been already completed but the release have been holding for a long time. Now, as the John Abraham starrer ‘Rocky Handsome’ release date has been finalized as February 5, 2016, Nishikant is planning to release ‘Madari’ in March next year. The Irrfan Khan starrer is very high on content and he believes that March is the best time to release a content oriented movie.
– Aishwarya Rai Bachchan who recently made her comeback with Sanjay Gupta’s ‘Jazbaa’ and currently filming her next film ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ with Ranbir Kapoor and Fawad Khan in London, will soon start Omung Kumar’s ‘Sarabjit’. The shooting of ‘Sarabjit’ will begin at the end of November in Punjab and Aishwarya will join the cast from the first day of shoot. The film has been planned to wrap up by February next year, so it can be released on the scheduled date, i.e. May 20, 2016.