– The shooting of Aamir Khan starrer ‘Dangal’ will begin in Ludhiana on September 20, 2015. ‘Dangal’, one of the most awaited films of 2016, is based on the real-life of Mahavir Singh Phogat, who taught wrestling to his two daughters who later won medals for India at the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Directed by Nitesh Tiwari, the film stars Aamir, Sakshi Tanwar, Fatima Sana Saikh and Sanya Malhotra. It is scheduled for release on Christmas next year.
– Salman Khan’s upcoming movie ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ will enjoy a solo release this Diwali as Sunny Deol’s ‘Ghayal Once Again’ which was scheduled to hit the theatres on the same day, has been postponed indefinitely. The reason behind this postponement is said to be the incomplete VFX work. The makers of Ghayal sequel are now planning to release the film early next year.
– Milan Luthria’s ‘Baadshaho’ which is scheduled for release on April 25, 2016, will be postponed by several months due to the delay in shooting. The film was supposed to go on floors in November this year but now it will begin only early next year as the leading hero, Ajay Devgn wants to complete his directorial venture ‘Shivaay’ first. Shruti Haasan has already opted out of the film because of date conflicts.
– South filmmaker A.R. Murugadoss who has already directed Aamir Khan in ‘Ghajini’ (2008) and Akshay Kumar in ‘Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty’ (2014), is now all set to direct Salman Khan in his next film. We heard that Atul Agnihotri has roped Murugadoss to helm his next heart-touching romantic drama which has been reportedly written by KV Vijayendra Prasad, the name behind the two recent blockbusters, ‘Baahubali’ (2015) and ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ (2015).
– Since the release date of ‘Raaz 4’ has been announced, there has been a lot of curiosity doing the rounds among the moviegoers about the cast of the film. Now we have got the confirmation from an official source that Emraan Hashmi will be starring in the fourth installment of the Raaz series. Emraan who is currently suffering from a bad phase of his career, will play the villain for the first time in ‘Raaz 4’. Vikram Bhatt will direct the movie while Vishesh Films and T-Series will jointly produce it.
– After ‘Welcome Back’ (2015) and ‘Hera Pheri 3’, Firoz A Nadiadwala has teamed up with John Abraham once again for the sequel of ‘Awara Paagal Deewana’ (2002). Interestingly, John will be replacing Akshay Kumar (who played the lead in the first part) for the third time after reprising his characters in the the sequels of ‘Welcome’ and ‘Phir Hera Pheri’. The sequel will be titled ‘Awara Paagal Deewana Returns’ and it will go on floors by the end of 2016 after John completes all his other commitments. Besides John, the film will also star Suniel Shetty and Aftab Shivdasani reprising their characters from part one.
– Riteish Deshmukh and Nargis Fakhri have been cast opposite each other in Eros International’s next film titled ‘Banjo’. This is the debut Hindi movie of National Award winning director Ravi Jadhav, the name behind Marathi films ‘Natrang’, ‘Balak Palak’ and ‘Timepass’. The movie is a musical drama and is expected to roll by the year-end or the beginning of 2016.
– Imtiaz Ali’s ‘Tamasha’, is one of the most awaited films of this year. Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone’s stills that have been out till now, have raised a lot of curiosity among fans. The trailer of the movie will be launched on September 22, 2015 in Mumbai, in the presence of the whole team.
– The last schedule of R. Balki’s upcoming rom-com ‘Ki And Ka’ began in Delhi on September 12, 2015. The film that stars Arjun Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor, is all about breaking gender streotypes and underlines the fact that ‘Ki’ and ‘Ka’ as genders don’t matter. Kareena plays an independent corporate honcho while Arjun plays an MBA graduate who opts to be a stay-at-home husband in the film.
– Abhishek Kapoor’s much talked upcoming movie ‘Fitoor’ is currently in the final stage of shooting. The film starring Aditya Roy Kapoor and Katrina Kaif, will be wrapped up on September 16, 2015. The first look of the film is expected to release in the coming few weeks.
– Bollywood sensation Sunny Leone is soon going to turn producer. We heard that the porn star-turned-actress will produce the film with her husband Daniel Weber. Sunny herself will star in the movie which is apparently about a super-heroine. The yet untitled film goes on floors next year.
– After delivering back-to-back flop movies such as ‘Himmatwala’ (2013) and ‘Humshakals’ (2014), director Sajid Khan is all set to bounce back. We have heard that he has collaborated with UTV Motion Pictures for his next movie which will reportedly mount the sets in London mid-next year. The film will be a remake of a popular Korean comedy-action film.
– UTV and Disney are planning a huge promotional strategy for Anurag Basu’s much delayed ‘Jagga Jasoos’. A television show titled ‘Junior Jagga Jasoos’ is in the pipeline for the promotion of the movie that releases next year.
– Phantom Films has acquired the Hindi remake rights of the 2014 Tamil film ‘Jigarthanda’. The Kartik Subbraj directed movie was a big hit at the box office last year.
– Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap whose last directorial ‘Bombay Velvet’ (2015) bombed at box office, recently announced the third installment of Gangs of Wasseypur. However he will not helm the film himself this time. Zeishan Quadri, the scriptwriter of the first two parts of the voilent saga, will direct ‘Gangs of Wasseypur 3’. One more surprise, Nawazuddin Siddiqui who was part of both installments, will not feature in this part.
– Anand L Rai has bought the Hindi remake rights of the Dhanush starrer Tamil hit ‘Vela Illa Pattadhaari’ aka VIP. The Hindi remake will be directed by Velraj, the original director of the Tamil hit, who is making his debut in Hindi films with it. Anand will co-produce this movie under his production banner Colour Yellow Productions along with Dhanush. The film will go on floors next year.
– Rajkummar Rao will be seen playing a Maobadi (Maoist), in Amit Masurkar’s next ‘Newton’. The dark comedy film will roll by the end of this year and will be shot in Kashmir.