– Ajay Devgn and Kajol will team up for a film but further details are unknown. Ajay Devgn is about to finish shooting for his much-ambitious project ‘Shivvay’ and will then start working on this project. (Credits: DNA.com)
– Anushka Sharma’s next production will feature Ayushmann Khurrana. The actress’s last production ‘NH10’, which was successful at the box office, is excited to start this new project, which is a rom-com! (Credits: Mumbai Mirror)
Box Office (India)
– ‘Dilwale’ has collected Rs. 650.9 million as at Sunday and is expected to grow, as per trade reports.
– ‘Bajirao Mastani’ has collected Rs. 467.70 million as at Sunday. Benefiting from worldwide acclaim, trade experts are very positive about its box office run, despite its high costs of production.
Box Office (Overseas)
– ‘Dilwale’ has seen a tremendous opening in international markets and is doing better than ‘Bajirao Mastani’. Official figures are to follow.
– Shah Rukh Khan and Rohit Shetty’s association after ‘Chennai Express’ is proving to be another winner at the box office. While the reviews have been mixed, Shah Rukh Khan believes in entertainment and is quite clear about his choice of movies for his audience base. However, in 2016, we will see him in ‘Raees’ and ‘Fan’, which are quite different from his previous two movies.
– Salman Khan’s camaraderie with Shah Rukh Khan continues and a lot is being written about it lately. They both danced together on ‘Bigg Boss 9’, where Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol were present to promote ‘Dilwale’.
– Aamir Khan has praised Sonam Kapoor’s ‘Neerja’s trailer on Twitter. Directed by Ram Madhvani, Aamir is known to be very reserved when promoting films on social media.
– Kajol, 41, who has been praised for her looks in ‘Dilwale’, hasn’t showed any signs of ageing. Many do not know that Kajol, who is a mother of two, follows a strict diet and works out everyday!
– Shraddha Kapoor, who is working with Farhan Akhtar in Rock On!! 2′, is looking forward to watch ‘Wazir’, which is the upcoming release of the multi-talented artist.
– Vishal-Shekhar have been roped in to compose the music for Aditya’s Chopra ‘Befikre’. The duo has in the past collaborated with Yash Raj Films and the list of movies include ‘Salaam Namaste’, ‘Ta Ra Rum Pum’, ‘Tashan’, ‘Bachna Ae Haseeno’ and ‘Dostana’.
– The romantic track “Soch Na Sake” from ‘Airift’ is a treat for all music lovers. Sung by Arijit Singh and Tulsi Kumar and recreated by Amaal Mallik, the young composer has done a great job in transforming the “Soch” track, sung by Hardy Sandhu and originally composed by B Praak, into a soothing number. Lyrics by Kumaar add to the romantic quotient.
Best Tweets of the Week
@akshaykumar – Ending the year on a high note! Super excited to be a part of Robot 2 with the one & only @superstarrajini sir!
@iamsrk – U never learn acting till you die…it’s not multiples and formulae
– ‘Neerja’s trailer has been widely appreciated after its release. The movie is about flight attendant Neerja Bhanot, who sacrificed her life while protecting the lives of 359 passengers on the PanAm flight 73 in 1986. The trailer has all the ingredients required to entice the audience. The emotions displayed by Sonam Kapoor vary and she looks convincing in her role. It ends with a soul-stirring melody. Directed by Ram Madhvani and produced by Bling Unplugged and Fox Star Studios, it also stars Shabana Azmi and Shekhar Ravjiani in lead roles and is slated to release on February 19, 2016.
– ‘Ghayal Once Again’s trailer has failed to evoke any interest after its release. The facial expressions by Sunny Deol and the plot with the students seem dated. The villain also does have any weight. A popular face would have been more accepted. The plot seems familiar without any twists. Dharmendra presents, written and directed by Sunny Deol, ‘Ghayal Once Again’ stars Sunny Deol, Om Puri, Narendra Jha and Soha Ali Khan. It releases on January 15, 2016.
– The trailer of ‘Do Lafzon Ki Kahani’ looks very promising and offers drama, action and romance in generous doses. Kajal Aggarwal seems more natural than Randeep Hooda, who doesn’t get the emotional scenes well with his facial expressions. The crying looks fake! However, he excels in the action sequences and displays an exceptional physique. Unfortunately, the trailer gives away too much about the story and fails to keep the audience guessing for more. Music stands out and will be a big bonus for the promotions. Directed by Deepak Tijori and produced by Dhiraj Shetty and Avinaash V. Rai, it releases on Valentine’s Day in 2016.
– The trailer of ‘Ishq Forever’ is carrying good reports. It particularly stands out because of music by Nadeem Saifi (of Nadeem-Shravan fame) and its story, where a liberal girl’s life takes a different turn when her father becomes the Prime Minister of India. The trailer was launched by Arjun Rampal last week. The movie stars Krishna Chaturvedi, Ruhi Singh (Miss Universal Peace and Humanity 2014), Lisa Ray and Jaaved Jaaferi. A Friday Cine Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. production, produced by Ajay Shah, Himanshu Gandhi and Shabeer Boxwala, ‘Ishq Forever’ will release on January 29, 2016.
Key Release Dates
– ‘Ki & Ka’ is set to release on April 1, 2016. Directed by R. Bakli, music by Ilayaraja and produced by Eros, it has already attracted a lot of attention due to its unusual casting of Arjun Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor Khan. It has also been reported that Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan will be seen in a special appearance.
– ‘Loveshhuda’ is set to release on February 5, 2016. Boasting of good marketing which resulted in a good buzz after the release of the track “Mar Jaayen” by Atif Aslam (music by Mithoon), it stars Girish Kumar and Navneet Dhillon in the lead roles. Distributed by Tips Films and directed by Vaibhav Misra, the second song titled “Peene Ki Tamanna” will release this week.