– Vidya Balan will a play cop in Sujoy Ghosh’s ‘Te3n’ and it is going to be a special appearance. She earlier worked with Sujoy Ghosh and Nawazuddin Siddiqui in the 2012 thriller ‘Kahaani’. Directed by Ribhu Dasgupta, it features megastar Amitabh Bachchan. (Credits: PTI)
Box Office (India)
– ‘Hate Story 3’ has enjoyed a good weekend (Rs. 725 million) and has collected Rs. 494.5 million as at Sunday. It has been declared a hit in trade circles.
– ‘Tamasha’ has collected Rs. 636 million as at Sunday. Made on a budget of Rs. 750 million, it has been declared a commercial failure.
Box Office (Overseas)
– ‘Tamasha’ has crossed the $6 million mark overseas and now stands at $6.04 million.
– Shah Rukh Khan has referred to Salman Khan as his brother during a Q&A session on Twitter with fans. He gave this reply when asked if he wishes to have a real brother in life; “My two boys are now like my friends and brothers and everything so I am ok. And there is always bhaijaan.” Furthermore, Shah Rukh Khan’s comments on the acquittal of Salman Khan in the 2002 hit-and-run case have been reported as very warm and emotional. He has even mentioned to meet him personally if his schedule permits.
– Aamir Khan has resumed shooting for ‘Dangal’ last week after an extended rest following his injury. The actor’s whose latest statement created quite a stir, has been quiet lately.
– Salman Khan who was acquitted of all charges by the Bombay High Court in the accident case, which began 13 years ago, has been receiving a lot of backlash in the media and on social media. The comments are mostly negative.
– Priyanka Chopra had made it to the covers of NEW You Winter USA Issue and India Today. An international icon, PeeCee is becoming one of the highest paid actresses in India.
– Deepika Padukone recently met Spanish tennis legend Rafael Nadal in Delhi while promoting ‘Bajirao Mastani’. Nadal was smitten by the “incredible” Bollywood star and tweeted: ” Con la increíble @ DeepikaPadukone en # Delhi 🙂 With the incredible Deepika Padukone in # Delhi! # Bollywood”.
– Sonakshi Sinha has graced the December’s Cineblitz cover and is looking chic and classy. Her upcoming films include ‘Akira’ and ‘Force 2’ with John Abraham.
Teasers and Trailers
– The makers of ‘Mastizaade’ released the teaser last week. As expected, this Sunny Leone starrer, who will be seen in a double role, relies heavily on the sex appeal of the ex-porn star and the witty lines. According to industry insiders, this Milap Zaveri directed venture has some very raunchy scenes and sleazy dialogues. The film also features Tusshar Kapoor, Vir Das and Riteish Deshmukh. After being cleared by the Censor Board, it is slated for release on January 29, 2016. The teaser has already crossed 2 million views since its release.
– ‘Ghayal Once Again’s trailer will be attached to ‘Dilwale’ and ‘Bajirao Mastani’. Dharmendra presents, written and directed by Sunny Deol, ‘Ghayal Once Again’ stars Sunny Deol and 4 young kids – Rishabh Arora, Shivam Patil, Daina Khan and Anchal Munjal in lead roles. The movie releases on 15th January 2016.
– The teaser of the much awaited ‘Mirzya’ is out. This Harshvardhan Kapoor and Saiyami Kher launch pad has raised a lot of curiosity. Directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and music by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, it is slated to release on May 13, 2016.
– ‘Saala Khadoos’ trailer will be launched with ‘Bajirao Mastani’ and ‘Dilwale’. Directed by debutant Sudha Kongara Prasad and produced by Rajkumar Hirani, it features R. Madhavan, as a boxing coach. The film is set to release on January 28, 2016.
– “Tu Mera Paas” from ‘Wazir’ is a soft and melancholic song composed and rendered by Ankit Tiwari. Penned by Manoj Muntashir, the track follows the composer’s style but stands apart due to its soothing guitar music at the beginning. Amitabh Bachchan and Farhan Akhtar have also recorded a duet titled “Atrangi Yaari”. Produced by Vidhu Vinod Chopra and directed by Bejoy Nambiar, ‘Wazir’ featuring Amitabh Bachchan, Farhan Akhtar, Aditi Rao Hydari, John Abraham and Neil Nitin Mukesh in lead roles, is slated for release on January 8, 2016.
– Tata Tea Fusion has released a teaser of Anu Malik singing his 2000’s hit “Ek Garam Chai Ki Pyaali Ho 2015”. No other details are available except for “Are you ready for this? Stay Tuned.” which was posted on their YouTube page.
– Arijit Singh’s “Gerua” from ‘Dilwale’ has become a rage. Composed by Pritam and penned by Amitabh Bhattacharya, the song which has a 90s feel to it, has been topping the charts. Antara Mitra also shares the credits.
Best Tweets of the Week
@TheDilipKumar – Tearful moment when the award was in my hands. How happy and proud my family was. Indeed Allah’s mercy and blessing.
@deepikapadukone – For those trolling & asking my choice: I will watch #BajiraoMastani first but will watch both #Dilwale & #BajiraoMastani
@BeingSalmanKhan – I accept the decision of the judiciary with humility. I thank my family, friends & fans for their support & prayers.
@karanjohar – The most loved on screen couple!! @iamsrk and @KajolAtUN….their magic continues forever….#14YearsOfK3G
Key Release Dates
– ‘Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3’ has been confirmed for release on January 22, 2016. Starring Tusshar Kapoor, Aftab Shivdasani and Mandana Karimi in lead roles, this sex comedy is a sequel to the 2012 film ‘Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum’ and is the third part of this franchise. Directed by Umesh Ghadge and produced under Balaji Motion Pictures, it also stars Shakti Kapoor in a supporting role.
Editor’s Note: This feature will now be published every Monday.