– Aditya Choora surprised everyone by announcing his next directorial venture on the 83rd birth anniversary of his late father Yash Chopra. The director who has directed big hits like ‘Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge’ (1995), ‘Mohabbatein’ (2000) and ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’ (2008), is returning to direction after seven years with his next film ‘Befikre’ that is said to be a light-hearted romance. Now the latest buzz suggests that Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor (who debuted in the industry with ‘Shuddh Desi Romance’) have been finalized as the lead pair. The official announcement about the casting will be made soon. The film will roll next year.
– After the all time blockbuster success of ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’, Kabir Khan who is considered among the top 5 directors of Bollywood today, has signed his next film with Eros International. This film would also have geo-politics as a strong element, just like his most films are. It will feature a leading actor from the industry and is expected to roll early next year.
– Sunny Deol’s ‘Ghayal Once Again’ will release on January 26, 2016. It will be releasing just four days after the release of Akshay Kumar’s ‘Airlift’ which is scheduled to hit the screens on January 22, 2016. ‘Ghayal Once Again’, the sequel to the 1990 super-hit film ‘Ghayal’, was earlier planned to release during Diwali this year alongside Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’, but it got delayed due to the incomplete VFX work.
– Vidyut Jammwal who is currently shooting for Tigmanshu Dhulia’s ‘Yaara’, has signed his next film. The untitled film will be an intense love story which has been penned by Vikram Bhatt. Jayantilal Gada’s company Pen India will produce it while the director for this movie hasn’t been decided yet. It will go on floors next year after the release of ‘Yaara’.
– It is known to all that Yash Raj Films has signed Hrithik Roshan for the next big-budget film which will be directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya (‘Dhoom 3’). Now we heard that the makers are looking for a new face opposite Hrithik for this rich-content movie. Hrithik is currently busy shooting for Mohenjo Daro’s last schedule, which will be completed by the end of this month. The actor will begin Acharya’s film early next year.
– Rajkumar Hirani’s next biopic on Sanjay Dutt may titled ‘Dutt’ or ‘Baba’. The ‘PK’ director is currently giving the final touch to the script of his biopic in which Ranbir Kapoor will essay the role of Sanjay Dutt. The film will go on floors in mid-2016 after Ranbir finishes the shoot for Karan Johar’s ‘Ae Dil Hai Muskhil’ and Ayan Mukherji’s next.
– Ekta Kapoor had planned to make ‘Laila Majnu’ with new faces but she didn’t find perfect choices for her characters and the film was pushed back for then. Now we heard that Ekta has approached ‘Heropanti’ actor Tiger Shroff to play Majnu in her movie. However Tiger hasn’t given his node to the film yet. The movie will be directed by Imtiaz Ali’s brother Sajid Ali.
– Miss India 2013, Shobhika Dhulipala has been signed to play the leading female in Anurag Kashyap’s next thriller titled ‘Raaghav 2.0’. Nawazuddin Siddiqui will play serial killer Raman Raghav while ‘Masaan’ fame actor Vicky Kausal will be seen playing a cop in the movie. It has already gone on floors.
– Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap will be seen fighting with Shahid Kapoor. Vikramaditya Motwane has signed Anurag to play the villain in his next film ‘AK vs SK’ that stars newly married Shahid Kapoor in the lead. Though the film has already gone on floors, the actress opposite the ‘Haider’ actor is yet to cast. The story of ‘AK vs SK’ revolves around a boy and girl who are adversaries.
– Illena D’Cruz has been finalized to play the lead heroine in the Indo-Chinese co-production ‘Kung Fu Yoga’. She will be romancing Jackie Chan in this movie. Sonu Sood has been cast to play the villain in this action-drama which began filming recently in Dubai.
– Bhushan Kumar’s T-Series has bought the music rights of Fox Star Studio’s four upcoming movies— ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ (PRDP), ‘MS Dhoni: The Untold Story’, ‘Akira’ and ‘Neerja’. The music company has bagged the music rights of ‘PRDP’ at a whoping price of Rs. 17 crore (Rs. 170 million) which is the biggest musical deal till the date in the Hindi film industry. ‘MS Dhoni’ biopic’s music rights has been sold for a whopping price of Rs. 5.60 crore (Rs. 56 million). The price for the music rights deal of Akira and Neerja is yet to known.
– Emraan Hashmi is all set to woo the audiences with his vampire avatar in the fourth installment of ‘Raaz’ series. The shooting of ‘Raaz Reloaded’ will begin this winter in Romania. The casting search for the leading lady opposite Emraan is running full swing in Mumbai and is expected to finalize one by next week.
– Nepal’s biggest distribution company Darshan Arts has bagged the distribution rights for Shah Rukh Khan’s upcoming Christmas release ‘Dilwale’ at an unprecedented number. This is said to be the biggest distribution rights deal in Nepal for a Hindi film. They will be releasing this Rohit Shetty directed film in most of the theatres in Nepal.
– Bhushan Patel, the director of last year released ‘Alone’, is now gearing up to direct the sequel of his sci-fi horror. While ‘Alone’ starred Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover in the leads, we heard that the sequel will have new faces. It will be produced by Panorama Studios and will start rolling early next year.
– Abhishek Kapoor’s ‘Fitoor’ starring Aditya Roy Kapoor and Katrina Kaif, wrapped up its final schedule on October 2, 2015. This film is an adaptation of Charles Dicken’s popular novel ‘Great Expectations’. It is slated to release on February 12, 2016.