• It’s a wrap up for ‘Yaara’. Tigmanshu Dhulia’s film starring Vidyut Jammwal and Shruti Haasan wrapped up yesterday on Saturday, October 10, 2015, in Bucharest, Romania. ‘Yaara’ is about friendship, trust, family, relationship and the journey of the friends who grow from 8 years to 25 years and up to 43 years. It is the remake of a French film ‘A Gang Story’. Majorly set in the late 1970s and 1990s around Indo-Nepal border and Delhi, it was shot in Delhi, Mumbai, Rajasthan, Bhopal, Nepal and Romania. The makers are planning to release the film during March-June next year.
• As previously reported in this same column a few weeks ago, Kabir Khan has approached Hrithik Roshan for his next film which is currently in the scripting stage. Now the good news is that the ‘Bang Bang’ star has agreed to play the lead role in Kabir’s film. The director who is on cloud nine after the Rs. 300 crore (Rs. 3 billion) grosser ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’, had a discussion with Hrithik recently when he was free during the ‘Mohenjo Daro’ shooting. Kabir is a director who begins working on a film keeping an actor in mind and he was sure about signing Hrithik for this movie, which is reportedly different from his style of filmmaking. The film may go on floors mid-next year.
• So Shah Rukh Khan (SRK) has decided to work with only new directors now. Besides Rohit Shetty (‘Dilwale’), he is doing films only with new filmmakers; be it ‘Fan’ with Maneesh Sharma or ‘Raees’ with Rahul Dholakia. Even he is doing Anand L Rai’s next film who is just few films old. Now we have learned that he has agreed to play the lead role in Imtiaz Ali’s next film too, who once again comes in the list of new established directors. Imtiaz had two actors in mind for his next project; the first was SRK and the second choice was Aamir Khan. But luckily, SRK gave his node to his project just at the first meeting. Imtiaz will begin working on his new film after the release of his upcoming romantic travel drama ‘Tamasha’ which is eyeing on the date of November 27, 2015.
• Like last year, this year too, Salman Khan will be juggling his dates between his film and his television reality show. He will be shooting for ‘Sultan’ and ‘Bigg Boss 9’ simultaneously next month at ND Studios, Karjat. The first one month long schedule of this Yash Raj venture will be filmed in Karjat while the major filming will be held in Punjab from December end.
• All the fans of Shah Rukh Khan were sad on the day when Yash Raj Films announced Ranveer Singh as the leading hero for Aditya Chopra’s ‘Befikre’. It was surely a hurtful moment for fans as everybody was expecting SRK in this movie. It was also shocking as all the films Aditya has directed so far, had SRK in the lead and it was the first time he is directing someone else. The good news is that, according to our sources, SRK will be doing a special cameo in ‘Befikre’ which begins filming next year. Vaani Kapoor has been almost confirmed for the leading female role in this pure romantic drama.
• Vishal Bhardwaj’s next much awaited romantic musical ‘Rangoon’ will release worldwide on October 2, 2016. The film, a Casablanca-like love story set against the backdrop of the Second World War, stars Saif Ali Khan, Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut in leads. Interestingly, Rangoon will be Vishal’s third regular Gandhi Jyanti release after ‘Haider’ (2014) and ‘Talvaar’ (2015).
• Though his first film didn’t do well at the ticket window, Sooraj Pancholi whom Salman Khan launched with his production movie ‘Hero’, has bagged his second film in his kitty. It will be directed by the king of dance, Remo D’Souza and the film will be a love story. Ajay Devgn also will be seen doing a special cameo in the movie. The leading lady opposite Sooraj hasn’t been finalized yet but we’ve learned that it will be a new face. The film will go on floors after Remo wraps up ‘A Flying Jatt’ with Tiger Shroff.
• Eros International has teamed up with veteran director David Dhawan for their next comedy movie. The film will be a remake of a Telugu film either starring Mahesh Babu or Allu Arjun. It will star his actor-son Varun Dhawan in the lead role. The film is expected to roll by mid-next year after Varun completes all his other commitments.
• Remo D’Souza’s ‘A Flying Jatt’ starring Tiger Shroff and Jacqueliene Fernandez will be wrapped up by the end of this year and will do a patch work in January 2016. The makers are planning to release it by June end next year, just like Remo’s superhit ‘ABCD 2’ as it is a lucky slate for him.
• Ajay Devgn has roped Hollywood little girl actress Abhigail Eames to play his daughter Gaura in his next directorial venture ‘Shivaay’. Eames is known for her performances in TV movies like ‘Lawless’ (2013), Harry & Paul’s ‘Story of 2s’ (2014) and the action-thriller ‘Alleycats’ (2015).
• The shooting of ‘Rock On!! 2’ began on October 6, 2015, in Shillong. Farhan Akhtar and Arjun Rampal, the leading actors of the film, began the shooting while the lead heroine Shraddha Kapoor will join the crew on October 12, 2015 for the two months rock ‘n’ roll schedule in the Meghalayan capital. ‘Rock On!! 2’ is the sequel to the 2008 musical hit ‘Rock On!!’. The sequel starts off from where the first part ended. Directed by Shujaat Saudagar, it releases next year.
• ‘Ishq Ne Krazy Kiya Re’ which was slated to release on October 30, 2015, has been postponed. The new date will be announced soon. The film stars Nishant Malkhani, Mughda Godse and Madhurima Banerjee. Directed by Naresh Malhotra and produced by Alok Singh, Radhey Shyam Sharma and Santosh Katara under the banner of Nalanda RSG Films Production Pvt. Ltd.