– Anurag Basu’s ‘Jagga Jasoos’ that stars Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif, is one of the most delayed projects of recent times. The shooting of the film started two years back and it is yet to be completed. Ranbir and Katrina’s commitment to other films made it such a lengthy project. The news about it being shelved did the rounds many times. But now it seems everything is back on track. 50% of the shooting is completed and the rest will be shot in the next five months. The next short schedule of this musical romance will roll from December 20, 2015 in Mumbai and then the entire team will head to Morocco for a long schedule where most of the scenes and three romantic tracks as well, will be filmed. Ranbir will join the sets in the first week of January 2016 while Katrina will join them by end of January. In February, Katrina will get into her next film ‘Fitoor’s promotion and then will join back the sets by February end. The makers are planning to wrap ‘Jagga Jasoos’ by March 5, 2015 so they can get enough time for editing before it releases in June 2016.
– The golden couple Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol who are coming back to the silver screen after five years, will be visiting on the sets of Star Plus’ popular TV serial ‘Saath Nibhana Saathiya’ to promote ‘Dilwale’. They will soon shoot for the show and the episode of them will be telecast on December 6, 2015.
– Last week, the announcement about Sushant Singh Rajput and Kriti Sanon being paired opposite each other created a good buzz everywhere. And why not, this “jodi” is the one we all eager to watch on-screen. The yet untitled film which is reported to be a musical romance, will be directed by Dinesh Vijan, who is a professionally well-known producer. Homi Adjania is producing it under Dinesh’s production house ‘Maddock Films’. Anaita Shroff Adjania is doing customs while Pritam has been roped in for the music. The film will start rolling sometimes in February next year and will be releasing in November 2016.
– After the success of ‘Piku’ (2015), filmmaker Shoojit Sircar has teamed up with Amitabh Bachchan again. However this time not as a director; Shoojit has signed Big B for his next production movie which will be helmed by a new director. The yet untitled film that will be made under Shoojit’s production house ‘Rising Sun Films’, is reported to be about Delhi and its lifestyle. Though there is no confirmation about the director, we heard its Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury who may helm it. The film will be rolling in February 2016.
– Vikram Bhatt’s ‘1920 London’, the third installment in the ‘1920’ franchise, after ‘1920’ and ‘1920: The Evil Returns’, was supposed to release in early 2014 but it experienced a lot of delay. It was again planned to release in April this year but it was put on hold as the production company Reliance Entertainment was going through a crisis. But now ‘1920 London’ that stars Sharman Joshi and Meera Chopra, is finally going to release next year. The makers are planning to release this horror movie sometime in February-March 2016.
– Darshan Kumar, who played Priyanka Chopra’s husband in ‘Mary Kom’ (2014), has joined the cast of Omung Kumar’s next film ‘Sarabjit’ which is based on the real-life of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh, who was convicted of terrorism by the Pakistani court. While Randeep Hooda plays the title role and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan plays his sister, Darshan will be portraying the role of Khalid Parvaiz, a Pakistani lawyer who fought for Sarabjit’s justice. The film begins shooting next month in Punjab.
– Ritesh Batra’s 2013 hit ‘The Lunchbox’ starring Irrfan Khan, Nimrat Kaur and Nawazuddin Siddiqui, will be screened at the Sixth Cambodian International Film Festival. The festival which highlights movies made in or about Cambodia and also features a selection of films from the world in diverse formats – documentaries, animation, short and long fictions, will be held from December 4 to December 10, 2015 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
– Arshad Warsi will host a party at his house tonight for his industry friends to celebrate the launch of his wife Maria Gorreti’s first cook book, ‘From My Kitchen To Yours’. The book which was launched a few days back in Delhi, has received a great response from readers and hence Arshad who says himself to be a proud husband, decided to celebrate this moment. Arshad will be seen in three movies next year. While the shooting for ‘Froud Saiyaan’ and ‘The Legend of Michael Mishra’ is already completed, he will begin the filming for his next ‘Irada’ in December.