• Salman Khan and Sooraj Barjatya’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ (PRDP) is breaking each and every record at the box office. The film that released the next day after Diwali, is finding its audiences especially in family members. Although the movie received mixed reviews from critics, ‘PRDP’ collected over Rs. 1 billion nett at the Indian box office and over Rs. 300 million in overseas market in three days. It collected Rs. 403.5 million on Thursday, Rs. 310.3 million on Friday and around Rs. 295 million (estimated) on Saturday. The film is now looking at a Rs. 1.3 billion plus first weekend which would be one of the highest opening weekends ever.
• The ‘Aashiqui 2’ couple is back. According to a reliable source, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor who won our hearts with their amazing chemistry in the second installment of ‘Aashiqui’, will be seen romancing each other once again. They have been finalized to play the lead roles in Shaad Ali’s next film, which is a remake of Mani Ratnam’s ‘O Kadhal Kanmani’. The film revolves around a live-in couple and will be produced by Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions. In the past, Aditya and Shraddha were in a relationship and their return to the silver screen will surely be a treat to watch. The yet untitled film goes on floors mid-2016.
• After the superb response to Kapil Sharma starrer ‘Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon’, director duo Abbas-Mustan is now gearing up for their next movie. We heard, they are now working on a love triangle titled ‘Machine’. The film with lots of tweets and turns will feature one hero and two heroine. The director has already started approaching some young actors for the film, however no one has been finalized yet. If all goes well, the film will go on floors in March 2016.
• Shah Rukh Khan is all set to fly cars in Rohit Shetty’s style in his forthcoming film ‘Dilwale’. After ‘Dilwale’ releases on December 18, 2015, SRK will begin the last shooting schedule of his next movie ‘Raees’ by the end of December. The Rahul Dholakia directed movie will be wrapped up by Janaury end and will be ready for release during Eid 2016.
• Few weeks ago, there were rumours that John Abraham has been signed for Ashwni Dhir’s next film ‘Good News’ but later John himself denied this report. Now, we have come to know that the ‘Son of Sardaar’ director has approached Ayushmann Khurana for this concept-driven film. However Ayushmann hasn’t given his nod to the project yet though he loved the script. The film is said to be about the life style of modern day couples and the issues they wrestle with as they shape their careers.
• The theatrical trailer of Bejoy Nambiar’s ‘Wazir’ will be launched on November 18, at a grand event in Mumbai in the presence of all the actors. The two teasers of the movie has already been out and it has generated excitement among the audience. ‘Wazir’ that is set to release on January 8, 2016, stars Amitabh Bachchan, Farhan Akhtar, Aditi Rao Hydari, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Prakash Raj and John Abraham (in a cameo).
• The first shooting schedule of Akshay Kumar’s ‘Rustom’ will begin in mid-December 2015. Directed by Tinu Suresh Desai and produced by Neeraj Pande, Shital Bhatia, Nittin Keni and Arjun N Kapoor, the film is presented by Friday Filmworks, Zee Studios and KriArj Entertainment.