Latest Trade News
– If all goes well, Priyanka Chopra will be starring in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s next film and it’s not that rumored Sahir Ludhianvi biopic project! They are uniting for actually a female-centred drama where she will be seen opposite two actors. According to Mumbai Mirror, Sanjay and Priyanka are in talks about this film for the last one year and they have now decided to go ahead with this movie. Priyanka will meet the filmmaker next week and after finalizing all, she will probably sign on the dotten line in February, before flying to US.
– Though there is no confirmation about this news, what we are hearing is that choreographer-turned-director Remo D’Souza is currently in talks with Salman Khan for one of his upcoming projects. This film is said to be completely different from what Remo has done so far. If sources are to be believed, Salman has also liked the plotline and has asked him for the full script. The “Blockbuster Khan”, as Salman is known as, will okay the film only once he gets the full draft.
On the work front, Salman is currently shooting for Kabir Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ which has almost come to completion and then there is Ali Abbas Zafar’s ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’, slated to release in Christmas 2017.
– ‘Aankhen 2’ is undoubtedly one of the most exciting projects of 2017 and we have some exclusive details about this film. ‘Aankhen 2’ is a sequel with a promising story and with lots of twists and turns. It revolves around a wealthy casino owner (played by Anil Kapoor) and has a lot of humour. Vidyut Jammwal, Arshad Warsi and Arjun Rampal play three blind men while Amitabh Bachchan will be the sutradhar. Two more big names are joining the cast which will be revealed soon. Three big schedules have been planned for its shooting and it’ll be shot at real locations. The first schedule will begin in February in Mumbai, followed by a month-long schedule in Johannesburg and the final in London. Stay tuned for more!
– Anand L Rai’s production company Colour Yellow Productions has bagged the Hindi remake rights of 2013 Tamil romantic comedy, ‘Kalyana Samayal Saadham’ (‘Wedding Feast’). The producer wants to begin its Hindi remake next year and for that, the original director RS Prasanna has come on board to direct this movie. About the casting, we are hearing that Anand wants Ayushmann Khurana and Bhumi Pednekar to play the leads.
Ayushmann-Bhumi who was immensely loved in ‘Dum Laga Ke Haisha’ was supposed to reunite in Anand’s ‘Manmarziyaan’ but that film got shelved for some reasons. Now if they agree to be part of ‘Kalyana Samayal Saadham’ remake, it would be interesting to watch their chemistry as this film has an amazing plot and both can create magic in their amazing characters.
– The proper strategic marketing was one of the main reasons behind the debacle of ‘Mohenjo Daro’ and that’s why Hrithik Roshan doesn’t want to repeat that kind of mistake again, especially when his film is pitted against Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’. After the release of the two trailers and the full audio album, the makers are now planning to release its third trailer. The next trailer will release in mid January and will reveal more about the movie. Not only this, they are also preparing to release some dialogue promos in coming weeks. ‘Kaabil’ is scheduled to hit theatres on 25 January 2017.
– Disney India which has produced Anurag Basu’s much delayed ‘Jagga Jasoos’ has planned a great marketing strategy for the film. The trailer was recently released on the net and got thumps up from everyone. Now the makers will start releasing its video songs one by one, from mid-January. It is said that every song tells a story of this movie where Ranbir plays a detective searching for his lost father.
– After ‘Dhamaal’ and ‘Double Dhamaal’, the makers of this comedy series are now gearing up for its next franchise. The third part will reportedly be titled ‘Total Dhamaal’ and in all probability, it will feature the same cast that starred in the first two parts. Director Indra Kumar has finished the scripting and will soon approach Sanjay Dutt, Riteish Deshmukh, Arshad Warsi, Javed Jaffrey and Ashish Choudhary. ‘Total Dhamaal’ which will be made under the joint production of Indra Kumar, Ashok Thakeria and Ashok Pandit, will go on floors in mid 2017 and release in early 2018.
– Although the year 2016 has not been great for Hrithik Roshan due to the debacle of ‘Mohenjo Daro’ and the controversy surrounding him about his alleged relationship with Kangana Ranaut, the actor has become the highest advance tax payer celebrity of this year, beating last year’s highest remunerator Salman Khan who is now positioned at the fourth spot. According to reports, Hrithik has paid an advance tax of whopping 80 crore till 15th December 2016, nearly 1500 percent higher than the amount he paid last year (50 crore). After Hrithik, Aamir Khan is at the second position with 74 crore advance tax payment. Ranbir Kapoor, Salman and Akshay Kumar grabbed third, fourth and fifth position with tax payments of 37 crore, 14 crore and 10 crore respectively.
– Those waiting for the next ‘Krrish’ franchise will have to wait one and half year more before Hrithik Roshan returns as the most loved superhero onscreen. Rakesh Roshan, in a recent interview, revealed that ‘Krrish 4’ is a 2018 project and is still in scripting stages. According to him, the fourth ‘Krrish’ is going to be a completely different, heartwarming and emotional story.
Not only this, Roshan Jr is also planning to make a new film with his star son where Hrithik will be seen in triple role for the very first time. Talking to Bollywood Hungama, the director said, “Krrish 4 will take one and half years to start. It is not that easy to make that film. I have a subject which I was planning to make before ‘Kaabil’ with triple role of Hrithik and it was a fantastic story idea. But I couldn’t crack the climax and before that ‘Kaabil’ came and I started ‘Kaabil’. But I am simultaneously working on that script also; you’ll see him in a negative character, which I have not planned yet. I have to choose between this and Krrish 4. I’ll most probably go with ‘Krrish’ and that film I can ask somebody because I couldn’t crack the last 20 minutes of the film where the climax takes part. I took help from Hollywood writers also but even they couldn’t crack it. Maybe sometime God will give me some idea and I’ll crack it.” Hrithik will be next seen in Sanjay Gupta’s ‘Kaabil’ releasing on 25 January 2017.
– Ajay Devgn has reportedly signed Priyadarshan’s next film which is a remake of Malayalam hit ‘Oppam’. Though there is no official confirmation, the strong buzz suggests that Ajay has liked the story idea and agreed to do it. The actor will be seen playing a blind lift operator (originally played by Mohanlal) in this film.
– Shah Rukh Khan and Karan Johar will host the 62nd Jio Filmfare Awards 2017, which will be held on January 14, 2017. It is expected to be a memorable evening as both will add their own charisma to the show.
– Megastar Salman Khan has once again topped the chart of ‘Forbes India’s Annual Celebrity 100’ list. The actor who is turning 51 this Tuesday, thanks to his last two big commercial hits ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ and ‘Sultan’, earned highest revenue of an impressive 270.33 crore last year (between 1st October 2015 to 30th September 2016), Forbes India reports. His earning constitutes of 9.84 percent of the total wealth – 2,745 crore, of all the top 100 celebrities for the year.
Shah Rukh Khan who had bagged the first position last year, stands at second position this time with the earning of 221.75 crore while the third spot is captured by Virat Kohli who earned 134.44 crore in the review period. Akshay Kumar who had a tremendous year with three successful films – ‘Airlift’, ‘Housefull 3’ and ‘Rustom’, is the fourth celebrity to earn highest revenue (203.03 cr – higher than Virat in earning but lower in popularity).
– Aamir Khan, Mr. Perfectionist, has been receiving accolades for his role in ‘Dangal’. Known to give 100% to his films, the actor has terribly matured over the years and ‘Dangal’ has set the bar really high for him and his production company.
– In this ‘recreating-old-songs’ trend, one more classic track is going to be reworked. We are talking about R.D. Burman’s “Gulabi Aankhen” which is going to be recreated for Sonakshi Sinha’s next release, ‘Noor’. The new version has been created by Amaal Malik and it’s big on EDM and has a bunch of fast-paced beats. The song was recently shot with Sonakshi and as per reports, it features Sona in completely rock avatar showing plenty of trending dance moves in disco.
Best Tweets of the Week
@AliZafarsays – It’s easy to earn money, name or fame. Earn respect and I’ll be a fan.
@sonamakapoor – My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me. Jim… https://www.instagram.com/p/BOX5zA4A7vm/
@TheShilpaShetty – Happy (75 th) Birthday Daddy..You are part of us, in our hearts and will be forever.. Smiling….. https://www.instagram.com/p/BOTUw9-hd_g/
@ShirishKunder – #Dangal is the best film I’ve watched in a long time. And in all probability, will remain so for a very long time. Salute, @aamir_khan Sir!
@Varun_dvn – Had to feed my friend honey on a chopstick. Something’s can’t be explained
– ‘Dangal’ has collected 29.78 crore on its Day One. The Aamir Khan’s starrer has been receiving rave reviews and is expected to break box-office records.