– 2015 is not a very lucky year for Sushant Singh Rajput. His only release ‘Detective Byomkesh Bakshi!’ badly flopped at the box office while his other movies have been delayed due to different reasons. We have no idea what happened to Shekhar Kapoor’s ‘Paani’. Neeraj Pandey’s ‘MS Dhoni: The Untold Story’ which was actually planned to go on floors early this year, recently started filming. Even his plans to marry his long-time girlfriend Ankita Lokhande by December was postponed to next year. But recently, one big and good thing happened in his career; he has bagged a big movie in his kitty and it is a promising project in every way. Sushant has been officially confirmed in Mohit Suri’s next film titled ‘Half Girlfriend’ which is an adaptation of Chetan Bhagat’s best selling novel of the same name. Varun Dhawan and Sidharth Malhotra’s names also did the rounds for this role, but finally it is Sushant who bagged this coming of age, young adult romance. He will be playing the role of the Bihari protagonist Madhav Jha, a national-level basketball player, in the movie. For the leading actress opposite him, the makers are in talks with Katrina Kaif but she hasn’t given her approval yet. The movie will go on floors in the first quarter of 2016 after he finishes the biopic of MS Dhoni.
– Omung Kumar’s next biopic ‘Sarbjit’ will go on floors on November 20, 2015 in Patiala. It will be shot in various locations in Punjab including Chandigarh and will be wrapped up by February 2016. The makers are planning to open this film at the Cannes Film Festival next year and hence they want to finish the filming as soon as possible. This film is a biopic on Sarbjit’s sister Dalbir Kaur who fought for many years to get her brother back to India from Pakistan. While Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is playing Dalbir, Randeep Hooda portrays Sarbjit.
– Abhishek Chaubey’s ‘Udta Punjab’ starring Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Kareena Kapoor Khan and Diljit Dosanjh, was planned to release on January 22, 2016 but now the filmmakers have decided to postpone it by a few months. They are now planning to release it in March next year when Indian Premiere League takes place. ‘Udta Punjab’ which is currently being filmed in Mumbai, is said to be about the drug mafia in Punjab.
– John Abraham’s knee injury has disturbed many of his projects and all his shoots have taken a toss. We heard that the next schedule of ‘Hera Pheri 3’ which was planned to shoot this month, will now begin only in March 2016. John will finish another schedule of Rohit Dhawan’s ‘Dishoom’ before he flies to Morocco to shoot a major chunk ‘Hera Pheri 3’. After Morocco’s schedule, it will be shot in Los Angeles and Dubai and then back to Delhi for the final schedule. The film that also stars Abhishek Bachchan, Suniel Shetty, Paresh Rawal, Neha Sharma and Nargis Fakhri, is expected to release in August 2016.
– Shaad Ali whose last directorial ‘Kill Dil’ flopped at the box office, is all set to back in the direction again. This time, he will helm the remake of Mani Ratnam’s ‘O Kadhal Kanmani’. The film will be produced by Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions and it will star two newcomers. The film that is about live in couples, will start rolling early next year.
– After ‘Tevar’, Arjun Kapoor has teamed up once again with director Amit Sharma for his next film. As the reports are coming, Arjun has already given his nod to his director friend and will begin the shooting after all things finalize. Amit is giving the final touch to the script and also looking for the leading lady for his next venture.
– The first official poster of ‘Bajirao Mastani’ featuring Ranveer Singh as Bajirao was recently released and it looks totally epic and promises a marvellous historical romance. As part of the promotional activity, the makers of the film also released a web-series called ‘Blazing Bajirao’ that gives a glimpse to the story of the movie. The second poster of the film that introduces Deepika Padukone as Mastani, will be unveiled today.