• Shah Rukh Khan has planned something special on his 50th birthday that is on coming November 2nd. He will reveal the second promo of his next year release ‘Fan’ on that day and may also announce a new movie. We also heard that he is now planning to do three films a year from 2016.
• The run time of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ (PRDP) is 2 hours 50 minutes. The censor report of this movie is outstanding and the CBFC has considered it as a perfect family saga with good relationship values. Directed by Sooraj Barjatya and also starring Sonam Kapoor, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Arman Kohli, Anupam Kher and Swara Bhaskar, ‘PRDP’ releases on November 12, 2015.
• It seems Hrithik Roshan is on a signing spree. But if he is not, then his PR Team is defintely in signing mood. We are saying this after noticing news of the last few weeks. Believe it or not, but if we consider media reports, Hrithik has signed almost six films in the last few months. But interestingly, not a single movie has been officially confirmed by the actor yet. Few weeks ago, Hrithik had cleared that he hasn’t signed any film post ‘Mohenjo Daro’, for which he is currently shooting with Pooja Hegde. But the media reports are saying a different story. As per the news doing the rounds in the media, Hrithik is doing two films under Yash Raj Banner. The first is said to be titled ‘Thug’ while the second is rumoured to be the fourth installment of the ‘Dhoom’ franchise, which will be helmed by director Vijay Krishna Acharya. Not only this, he has also given his node to Kabir Khan’s next film (there is no confirmation about it too). Reports are also coming that he is doing Bhushan Kumar’s ‘Aashiqui 3’ opposite Deepika Padukone, but Deepika recently denied the reports of her being apporached for it. Hrithik had also said that he would love to do the sequel to ‘Aashiqui 2’ but he hasn’t made his final call on it. Besides these four films, Hrithik is also in talk with Sanjay Gupta for his next venture and Nikhil Advani’s next, tentively titled ‘Bazaar’. It means that he has signed six films in the last few months. The most interesting part is that all these six films are going to start next year, according to the published reports. We are just waiting for the official announcement or the clarification from Hrithik about all these media rumours, considering he does only one or two films per year.
• Bollywood Khiladi, Akshay Kumar and Nargis Fakhri who are sharing screen space in the upcoming comedy ‘Housefull 3’, will be seen together in one more movie. They will be doing a special cameo in Rohit Dhawan’s ‘Dishoom’ which stars John Abraham, Varun Dhawan and Jacquline Fernandez. They will complete their part in London where the next schedule of ‘Dishoom’ will take place. Rohit had started his career with the Akshay starrer ‘Desi Boyz’ and they share a good rapport, so when the director requested his lucky charm to do a small cameo in his next, Akshay happily agreed.
• Last week, reports were doing the rounds that Hollywood actor Sylvester Stallone may play Salman Khan’s wrestler trainer in Yash Raj Film’s ‘Sultan’ but now an official source close to the film, has denied this report. He clarified that Sylvester hasn’t been approached for any role in ‘Sultan’ and this news is rubbish. The film is all set to go on floors next month in Karjat.
• The second schedule of Emraan Hashmi’s ‘Azhar’ will begin next week in Hyderabad. It will be shot for over 40 days at various places in Hyderabad city. The first schedule of the film was recently wrapped in London and 50% shooting of the film is said to be completed. ‘Azhar’ is based on the real life of controversial Indian cricketer Mohammad Azharuddin who was involved in a match fixing scandal in 2000. The film also stars Gautam Gulati, Prachi Desai, Nargis Fakhri and Huma Qureshi and is slated to release on May 13, 2016.
• Director Omung Kumar’s upcoming biopic ‘Sarabjit’ has an addition in the cast. Richa Chadha who is riding high on the success of critically acclaimed ‘Masaan’ has been signed to play the wife of the lead actor Randeep Hooda who will be seen as Sarabjit in this biopic. The film also stars Aishwarya Rai Bachchan as Sarabjit’s sister, Dalbir Kaur. The film is set to roll next month in Punjab.
• In a previous column, we had revealed that Ayushmann Khurrana and Bhumi Pednekar are all set to come together again in Sameer Sharma’s upcoming love story. The film has been titiled ‘Manmarziyan’. It is a pure Punjabi romance and will be entirely shot in Punjab, beginning the shooting in February next year for 40 days. The film will also have a second male lead which will be announced shortly. ‘Manmarziyan’ is written by novelist Kanika Dhillon (of ‘Bombay Duck Is A Fish’ fame) while the cinematography will be done by Avinash Arun, whose directorial debut ‘Killa’ won the Best Marathi Film award at the National Awards this year. Amit Trivedi will compose the music for this contemporary love story. Anand L Rai and Sailesh Singh will produce the movie which is likely to hit the theatres by the end of 2016.
• After ‘Hero’, Salman Khan’s production house is all set to begin their next film but it seems things are not working well at SKF (Salman Khan Films). The film that has been titled ‘Jugalbandi’, had Saif Ali Khan starring in the lead role, Sameer Sharma was to direct. But both the actor and director opted out the project later. It was also reported that the film has been shelved but if an official source from the production house is to be believed, ‘Jugalbandi’ is definetly happening. SKF has approached another director to helm this project which is reportedly based on the musical journey of an artist. The makers are also looking for another actor to play the lead as Saif has date issues.
• Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions has approached ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ fame director Vinil Mathew for a concept-driven film. We heard, the director has also loved the script and he will soon meet with Karan to finalize the narration and look at casting. Karan is currently in London for ‘Ae Dil Hai Muskil’ and once he is back, all things will take place. The film will be going on floors by early next year.
• Sanjay Leela Bhansali who is busy wrapping his much awaited upcoming magnum opus ‘Bajirao Mastani’ with Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra, has offered his next film to Aishwarya Rai Bachchan who recently made her comeback with ‘Jazbaa’ after a five year gap. Aishwarya has also given her nod to the project which according to her, would be something special. Bhansali and Ash’s combination is known for their hits like ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’, ‘Devdas’ and ‘Guzaarish’.
• Vishal Bhardwaj’s ‘Rangoon’ starring Saif Ali Khan, Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut, is all set to roll next month in Arunachal Pradesh. The film which is set against the backdrop of the Second World War, will unfold in Ziro Valley in Arunachal Pradesh which is considered a heritage site. There couldn’t have been a better location than this one!