Latest Trade News
– Milan Luthria’s ‘Baadshaho’ is going to be yet another ‘Jagga Jasoos’. Though the Ranbir Kapoor’s film is finally all set to release on 7 April 2017, Ajay Devgn and Emraan Hashmi’s second team-up will have to wait a little more. We have heard that ‘Baadshaho’ which was scheduled to release on 12 May 2017, has been postponed once again. The reason behind is unknown but a source close to the director said the makers will announce a new release date, hopefully within few weeks. On 12 May, Yash Raj Films’ Ayushmann Khurana and Parineeti Chopra starrer ‘Meri Pyaari Bindu’ will release and this decision, as a source said, was made only after consulting with Bhushan Kumar, the producer of ‘Baadshaho’.
– Ajay’s ‘Golmaal Again’ is also going to be postponed. The makers don’t want a clash with Rajinikant and Akshay Kumar’s ‘2.0’ and they are seriously contemplating avoiding the box office fight in Diwali 2017. ‘Golmaal Again’ may now hit theatres in November next year. Starring Ajay, Arshad Warsi, Tusshar Kapoor, Sharman Joshi, Shreyas Talpade and the new addition of Parineeti Chopra, ‘Golmaal Again’ is all set to mount the sets by January end with the plan of wrapping it in August. Certainly a good decision!
– Hrithik Roshan has chosen Karan Malhotra over Sidharth Anand. Both directors have already worked with Hrithik (in ‘Agneepath’ and ‘Bang Bang’ respectively) and had offered him their next projects for a second collaboration. Sidharth Anand had approached him for the remake of the Hollywood action, ‘Rambo’, but Hrithik fondly rejected the offer citing date issues. But recently when Karan Malhotra narrated a script to him, he instantly said yes and promised to manage his schedule next year. The other details regarding this film is strictly kept under wraps for obvious reasons, but what we are hearing is that this will be something Hrithik hasn’t tried so far and will present the actor in a completely different avatar. For the Sidharth Anand’s film, well, the director has found the perfect replacement of Hrithik. He reportedly has offered the role to Tiger Shroff, who, as the source said, has given his nod to the direct but is yet to sign on the dotted line. Expect more details on it in coming weeks.
– John Abraham has confirmed the third installment of the ‘Force’ franchise. Just after a week of ‘Force 2’ release, ‘Force 3’ has been announced. The third part will star the same cast, John Abraham and Sonakshi Sinha will be directed by Abhinay Deo once again. The film is currently in scripting stage and it will continue from where ‘Force 2’ ended. John and Sona will go for yet-another thrilling case in the third part and may show some romantic angle, too. It is likely to go on floors in the middle of 2017.
– The sequel to the 2000 melodrama ‘Dhadkan’ was announced by the producers two years back, but since then the project has only been in the development stage. Rumours about casting and direction did make the rounds but nothing was officially mentioned about ‘Dhadkan 2’. Finally, the much-delayed project is ready to roll. Prem Soni who directed Salman Khan starrer ‘Main Aurr Mrs Khanna’ and Preity Zinta’s ‘Ishkq In Paris’, has been roped in to helm the sequel. The producers are planning to launch new faces, for which the audition is underway. Shooting will begin in the first half of next year.
– No one can give a better debut platform to star kids than Karan Johar. After launching three first-timers – Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt and Sidharth Malhotra with his 2012 superhit college-drama ‘Student of The Year’, Karan is now going to launch two more industry kids in his next production. ‘Sairat’, where the Hindi remake rights was recently bagged by Karan. We have heard that this film will star Shahid Kapoor’s brother Ishaan Kapoor and Boney Kapoor’s daughter Jhanvi Kapoor in lead roles. A leading Dharma director is going to helm this project but the name is under wraps for now. ‘Sairat’ will be a co-production between Dharma Productions and Zee Studios, the original producer of the Marathi flick and will go on floors in February 2017.
– 2017 is going to be a completely busy year for Arjun Kapoor. The actor has already completed ‘Half Girlfriend’ and recently started shooting for Anees Bazmee’s ‘Mubarakan’ in Chandigarh. Besides this, Arjun has also signed two more films. While the two-hero film with ‘2 States’ fame director Abhishek Varman is yet to be confirmed, we have got the confirmation about Arjun’s film with Dibakar Banarjee. Yes, Arjun has given his nod to Dibakar’s next yet-untitled dark thriller, which will see Arjun playing a Haryanavi cop for the first time. Besides Arjun, the film will have two more leading actors for which the casting is still on. Produced by Yash Raj Films, the movie will go on floors next year in winter and will be shot entirely in North India.
– Rakesh Omprakash Mehra has forgotten the disastrous failure of ‘Mirzya’. Yes, it’s difficult to forget calamitous incidents in our life, but he has moved ahead. The filmmaker has finalized the script for his next movie which has been written by Kamlesh Pandey, the name behind ‘Rang De Basanti’ and ‘Delhi 6’. Rakesh wants an A-lister for this film and he will soon start approaching actors. This time, the director who usually takes a long gap in his films, is going to make this project the quickest one of his career by starting the shooting in February-March and releasing by the end of next year.
– Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ trailer will launch on 7 December. The huge trailer launch will be showcased live across 3500 screens in nine cities of India. The nine cities that have been selected for this huge trailer launch are: Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Indore, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Jaipur and Moga. SRK will himself reach out to the audiences through video conference. ‘Raees’ is scheduled to release on 26 January 2017, along with Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Kaabil’.
– The second poster of Aamir Khan’s Productions ‘Dangal’ was released earlier this week. It definitely gives the movie a serious look!
– According to a report on Mid-Day, Salman Khan’s alleged relationship with Iulia Vantur is far from over. Despite various media reports of a break-up, she was spotted at Helen’s 78th birthday bash earlier this week.
Best Tweets of the Week
@iamsrk – Thank u all for the love this small lil film is getting. I feel so proud that I could be a part of @gauris & @aliaa08 journey.#DearZindagi
@MaheshNBhatt – Dilip Saab once told me : If u want to praise the parent u must praise their child . Thank u kid!
@sonunigam – Some of the busiest times of my life.. And people want more and more everyday. I guess sometimes they don’t believe how busy someone can get
@S1dharthM – #DearZindagi @iamsrk spoke to the protagonist and the audience with absolute brilliance and strength #FANFORLIFE Sir !
@iam_juhi – 8 years since the Mumbai Attacks, the thoughts are still spine chilling. Indebted to all our selfless heroes and martyrs. Salute and respect
– While official figures are still being compiled, ‘Dear Zindagi’ has collected INR 87.5 million in India and over INR 200 million overseas (midweek release in USA and Canada), as at Friday. The reviews are positive for this Shah Rukh Khan-Alia Bhatt starrer.
Key Release Dates
Sarkaar 3 – 17 March 2017
Hindi Medium – 31 March 2017
Noor – 21 April 2017
Meri Pyaari Bindu – 12 May 2017
Raabta – 9 June 2017
Chef – 14 July 2017
Mubarakan – 28 July 2017
Hate Story 4 – 13 October 2017