Latest Trade News
– The news about Ranveer Singh and Rohit Shetty collaborating on a project is running in the media for a long time. Though both actor-director have shown their interest in working with each other after the success of the ad film ‘Ranveer Ching Returns’, nothing more has been reported. But now if reports are to be believed, Ranveer-Rohit are finally teaming up for a full feature film. The movie in talks is the remake of last year’s South hit, ‘Temper’. Rohit is expected to begin this film after ‘Golmaal Again’. However, we want to clarify here that this news is not yet confirmed and by Ranveer’s recent script choices, we are in doubt if he will do a remake movie.
– We are also hearing that filmmakers Ashutosh Gowariker and Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra have also put down their new scripts for Aamir to read and consider. Reckoning the fact that he has given iconic films like ‘Lagaan’ and ‘Rang De Basanti’ with these two directors respectively, we can’t wait to see them reuniting for yet-another masterpiece.
– Rajkumar Hirani’s next, the biopic of Sanjay Dutt, went on floors yesterday (14 January) in Mumbai. Sanjay himself gave the clap and started the reel journey of his full-with-controversy real life. The ‘PK’ director also confirmed that they “hope to wrap it up by June and are targeting a Christmas 2017 release.” If the shooting goes as planned and it releases during Christmas, it will be fighting against Salman Khan’s most awaited ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’. Though Hirani has just shown the possibility and his interest in releasing the film on Christmas, he is yet to announce it officially. This box office clash is being taken as a very interesting and risky. Let’s wait for its official release announcement first.
Sanjay Dutt biopic stars Ranbir Kapoor (as Dutt), Sonam Kapoor (as his girlfriend), Anushka Sharma (as a journalist), Paresh Rawal (as Sunil Dutt), Vicky Kaushal (as Sanju’s US friend) and Jim Sarbh (unknown). The actress to play Nargis is yet to finalize.
– Akshay Kumar has found one more member in his hockey team. Vicky Kaushal’s younger brother, Sunny Kaushal, who made his acting debut with last year’s ‘Sunshine Music Tours and Travels’, has joined the cast of Akshay’s upcoming hockey-based sportsdrama, ‘Gold’ and will be playing a younger player in the team. Akshay, Sunny and other fellow cast members will be undergoing grueling training with real-life hockey players in the next two weeks in Mumbai before the film officially kicks off in March. Set in 1948, ‘Gold’ is the historic story of India’s first Olympic win as a free nation.
– If you loved Anil Kapoor’s portrayal of Shivaji Rao in the 2001’s political thriller ‘Nayak – The Real Hero’, then here’s a good news for you. A sequel of this movie is in the pipeline by Eros International, which recently announced over 50 films in multiple languages for the year 2017-18. Though there are no details about its starcast, the film is scheduled to go on floors this year itself. The best thing about the sequel is that it has been penned by K.V. Vijayendra Prasad who has written films like ‘Baahubali’ and ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’. Details on ‘Nayak 2’ will hopefully be out soon.
– Priyanka Chopra was injured on the sets of American action thriller show ‘Quantico’ on Thursday night. She slipped and fell during a stunt and suffered a concussion after hitting her head. However, this injury has been termed as just a minor incident and Priyanka is said to be perfectly fine.
– Vidyut Jammwal who has been missing onscreen for around three years, was finally coming back in March with his much anticipated ‘Commando 2’ but now it seems fans will have to wait longer for his return. The sequel to ‘Commando’ which is slated to release on March 3, might be postponed again. According to reports, the production house is not happy with the final product and they have demanded to rework on the editing table. ‘Commando 2’, directed by Deven Bhojani, will see Vidyut romancing Telugu actress Adah Sharma.
– In other news, Vidyut Jammwal has bagged one more film in his kitty. This time, it’s the remake of Spanish film, ‘3 Meters Above The Sky’. It has been titled ‘Maidan’ in Hindi and will be directed by Aditya Dutt who has helmed films like ‘Aashiq Banaya Aapne’, ‘Will You Marry Me?’ and ‘Table No. 21’. Sunir Kheterpal of Azure Entertainment will produce.
Talking about the film, according to globomedia.es, ‘3 Meters Above The Sky’ is “a romantic drama that tells the story of two youngsters belonging to opposite worlds. It’s the chronicle of an improbable relationship that is practically impossible but just as inevitable. It will end up dragging the couple along for a voyage of discovery on which they will experience true love together for the first time. She is a well-to-do girl. He is a rebellious boy, addicted to risk and danger.”
– After delivering the all time highest grossing film in the form of ‘Dangal’, Aamir Khan is now all set to begin his next film, ‘Thugs of Hindostan’, by the middle of this year. The actor known for his one-film-at-a-time strategy, will however be seen in an extended cameo in his former manager Advait Chandan’s directorial debut ‘Secret Superstar’ this year before his historical drama with Vijay Krishna Acharya hits theatres in Diwali 2018. ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ which is reportedly set in the pre-independence era and is a story of a group of Thugs in British India, will be made on a huge budget with Hollywood par VFX. The very expensive extensive set is being planned to recreate India of the 1830s.
– Former UTV boss Siddharth Roy Kapur has come on board to produce a biopic of the first Indian astronaut Rakesh Sharma, starring Aamir Khan. Siddharth will produce this biopic under his new production banner with Aamir also coming as a co-producer. Though there are no more details about this movie, it is expected to roll only after the competition of Aamir’s ‘Thugs of Hindostan’. The biopic will be directed by ad-filmmaker Mahesh Mathai.
Best Tweets of the Week
@iamsrk – Peace, prosperity, happiness to all on Makar Sankranti. #UdiUdiJaye like the kites in the sky.
@poojabeditweets – Shame #Bengaluru cancelled @davidguetta concert citing law & order issues! Police force not equipped to handle an international concert?
@priyankachopra – Sometimes mornings r so confusing.. the mind wanders infinitely before finding focus for the day..why.. how.. if..I need some coffee today.
@ajaydevgn – Request:- pls stop printing old interviews. Answers are dependent on time remember ?
@mehtahansal – We try so hard to be apolitical and sychophantic. We’re afraid to take a stand. We’re fearful of power. It shows in most of our films.
– Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ has collected Rs 361.81 crore so far. It also became the first Bollywood film to cross the 360-crore mark and is the highest grossing film in Hindi cinema.
– It seems if there are celebrities who are disappointed the most by Indian Awards functions, it’s Armaan Malik and Amaal Mallik, as both brothers are lashing out at these award ceremonies quite openly. While a few days back Armaan showed his disappointment on not being nominated at any award function this year, his brother Amaal also displayed his extensive study on awards recently on his Facebook page. The music composer, known to be vocal about his thoughts, talked about the acknowledgement for the deserving and various other issues connected with Bollywood Awards in a 900 verbose post.
– Amaal Mallik has sung a song in Dharma Productions next, ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhaniya (BKD)’. The song, titled “Surrender Hua”, is an upbeat and fun dance track that dates back to the 90’s approach of songwriting, sequence of dance steps and heroic activities. Composed by Amaal, lyrics penned by Shabbir Ahmed and choreographed by Ganesh Acharya, this catchy and youth oriented track will see Varun Dhawan wooing Alia Bhatt in desi style. Besides ‘BKD’, Amaal has also bagged Arjun Kapoor’s ‘Mubarakan’ where he will be composing two promotional tracks.
– Krsna Solo, the music composer renowned for songs like “Rangrez”, “Yun Hi”, “Piya Na Rahe Manbasiya”, “O Sathi Mere” among others, has been roped in to compose a track in Anand L Rai’s next film starring Shah Rukh Khan. This is the third time Krsna will be composing songs for the filmmaker after the ‘Tanu Weds Manu’ series. This song was actually first planned with ‘Kala Chashma’ fame composer Tanishk Bagchi but due to the change in a plot situation, his track was dropped from the movie.