Almost a couple of years back, Dubai based producer and director Japinder Kaur released her debut film ‘Dilliwali Zaalim Girlfriend’. Though she didn’t feature as an actress in the comic caper, many wondered if she could well have seen in front of the camera as well, given her looks and styling. Nonetheless, though there was no on-screen appearance for the big screen back then, off screen Japinder (who is fondly called Jap by many) made sure that many a heads turned when she got hooked to a Dilliwaala businessman Harpreet Singh Chadha (who is fondly called Anmol by many) at a fairy tale event in Dubai.
“This happened a few days back on 8th January when an ‘ardaas’ was followed by a ‘roka’. These are Punjabi customs prior to the engagement and the Baweja and Chaddha families made sure that it was a daylong event to be remembered,” informs our source.
Harpreet’s family flew down from India, London and Canada to be a part of the ardaas that was held at the beautiful and magnificent Jebel Ali Gurudwara.
Highlights of the event:
· All the guests stayed at the boutique Palazzo Versace Hotel that was exclusively serving the group. The hotel just had its opening few months back and there are only 2 Versace hotels in the world – Australia Gold Coast and Dubai.
· Along with the stay the whole event was luxury carpeted with only Rolls Royce phantoms and Limousines booked for the guests.
· The Mercedes G63 AMG Limousine is the second of its kind in the world with the first one in LA. This limo has been covered by news extensively since its making for its exclusivity.
· A 30 seater golden Hummer limousine which is the longest available in UAE was also booked for the 3 days.
· Further to this, the ‘roka’ ceremony (party) was held at Gold on 27 in Burj Al Arab and saw the presence of guests such as Her Highness Sheikha Hend Al Qassemi, Ajay Kapoor (ex-T-Series director), Vikram and Namrata Shroff from Mumbai, Peter Virdee from London and many more prominent business tycoons
· The event was given a full fairy tale feeling and went onto the morning hours with live singers and Punjabi dancing
When contacted, Japinder confirmed the news. She said, “I had met Anmol’s mom first and we were good friends. You can say that I was in relationship with his mom and we instantly bonded. She treats me like a daughter. I never expected to receive this kind of love. Later, I met Anmol. He was not ready for marriage then. However, he only took three days to say yes and so did I. It was quite filmy actually since his mom and dad were emotionally pushing him that I the one for him. He felt exactly the same when he met. We had great compatibility and later I hit off quite nicely with his family too.”
The wedding is now fixed for November 2017 and is set to be a weeklong big affair. If the pre-wedding ceremonies are anything to go by, expect further luxury to be up for display when the mega event takes place.