In line with the 74th Independence Day celebrations, Madhuri Dixit’s ‘Dance With Madhuri’ will promote Indian classical and folk dance forms and team ‘Dance With Madhuri’ has launched a special campaign ‘#CeleberatingDanceHeritage’ to mark the 74th Independence day.
Madhuri Dixit says, “In a country of 1.3 billion people, our rich heritage of dance forms holds a very special place and deserves to be celebrated globally. What better occasion to do that than our Independence Day, which is right around the corner. Our core mission with this initiative remains the same, to give everyone an equal opportunity to learn dance from the best choreographers & experts.”
The month long campaign will include 11 different dance forms hailing from 9 different states of the country, as set out below, aiming to promote the rich heritage of Indian dance forms at a global level and give everyone an opportunity to explore and learn them from the experts themselves.
- Laavani taught by Madhuri Dixit (Maharashtra)
- Kathak taught by legendary Pt. Birju Maharaj, Madhuri Dixit, Bhakti Despande, Tanvi Palav, Devesh M (Uttar Pradesh)
- Kalbeliya taught by Seema and Veena Rawat (Rajasthan)
- Bharatnatiyam taught by Namita Bodaji (Tamil Nadu)
- Odissi taught by Jinuk Alvares (Odisha)
- Bhihu taught by Madhusmita Handique (Assam)
- Ghoomar taught by Reena Bhandari and team (Rajasthan)
- Bhangara taught by Tricha Kumar (Punjab)
- Chau taught by Rishi Sharma and Dr. Dimple Kaur (Odisha)
- Garmba taught by Devesh Mirchandani (Gujarat)
- Banna Re taught by Reena Bhandari (Rajasthan)