• Filmmaker Aanand L Rai who is basking high with the three back-to-back hits ‘Ranjhanaa’, ‘Tanu Weds Manu’ and ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’, has signed Shah Rukh Khan in one of his next films. The details about this collaboration has been kept under wraps, however we have heard that Eros International will back the project.
• Sanjay Leela Bhansali who is leaving no stone unturned to make his next historical drama ‘Bajirao Mastani’ grander and better every way. Titled ‘Blazing Bajirao’, it showcases the stroy of Maratha warrior in a web-comic format. All the three actors Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra will lend their voice for this web series. Bhansali also has planned to release a folk song from the film during the Ganpati festival.
• The second schedule of Yash Raj Film’s ‘Sultan’ which was earlier planned to shoot in Delhi, will now be filmed in Karjat. The reason behind this change is said to be Salman Khan who feels more comfortable shooting there. This is his third film that is going to be shot in Karjat after ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ and ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’. Salman will begin the preparation for ‘Sultan’ in Mumbai next week. A big action director will be flown in from overseas to train the actor. The shooting begins in November in Punjab.
• After wrapping up a 20 days schedule in Morocco, Rohit Dhawan’s ‘Dishoom’ will now be shot in Abu Dhabi. It will be a 40 days long schedule where a major part of the film will be shot. The film starring John Abraham, Varun Dhawan and Jacquliene Fernandez starrer will be wrapped up by the end of this year.
• Nishikant Kamat’s Irrfan Khan and Jimmy Sheirgill starrer next socio-political drama ‘Madari’ will release on December 4, 2015. It will clash with Bejoy Nambiar’s ‘Wazir’ that stars Amitabh Bachchan and Farhan Akhtar. The shooting of ‘Madari’ is almost completed and only one song, composed by Vishal Bhardwaj, is left to shoot.
• Eros International has bought all India distribution rights of ‘MSG 2’.
• Eros International has paid a major amount of the overflow of ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ to Salman Khan’s Being Human Foundation. The Kabir Khan directed film collected Rs. 319.62 crore (Rs. 3.19 billion) nett in six weeks in India.
• Director Raj Kumar Gupta has decided to postpone his upcoming film ‘Section 84’ after Kareena Kapoor quiting the film surprisingly. The director had approached few other A-list actresses as well but he didn’t get their dates for at least next one year and hence he decided to back out the project for now.
• Sabbir Khan’s ‘Baaghi’ starring Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor is nearing its completion. Two songs will be shot in Kochi, and then the cast and crew goes to Thailand for the last schedule. After that some patchwork will be done in Mumbai. ‘Baaghi’ is scheduled to release on April 29, 2016.
• Sharat Katariya has teamed up with Yash Raj Films again after the success of ‘Dum Laga Ke Haisha’ (DLKH). His next film is also said to be a small-town love story like his earlier Ayushmann Khurana and Bhumi Pednekar starrer hit. However it won’t be the sequel of ‘DLKH’.