• The last schedule of Rohit Shetty’s ‘Dilwale’ began at the Ramoji Rao Studios in Hyderabad on September 4, 2015. The film that stars Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, Varun Dhawan and Kriti Sanon, will be wrapped up on October 19 or 20, 2015 and then will go for the post-production work. The makers are also planning to release the trailer of the movie next month.
• It’s a wrap up for ‘Rocky Handsome’. John Abraham and Shruti Haasan completed the shooting for Nishikant Kamat’s film on September 5 in Mumbai. This film is said to be an adaptation of the 2010 Korean film ‘The Man From Nowhere’. The release date of the film will be announced next week by the makers.
• Salman Khan is back as the host of ‘Bigg Boss’, the most controversial reality show in India. The ‘Dabangg’ actor himself confirmed it on Twitter recently putting all the rumours of his replacement in show to the rest. The promo of ‘Bigg Boss 9’ will be aired from September 10 and the show will begin on October 11, 2015. However this time, as reports are coming, the show will be aired at 10.30 pm on Colors TV Channel instead of the prime time of 9pm.
• The makers of ‘Robot 2’ have approached Katrina Kaif for the lead female role opposite Rajinikanth. However Katrina hasn’t given her node to the project yet, as per our sources. The search for the villain role will also be from Bollywood. The sequel of ‘Robot’ will be directed by Shankhar while Lyka will produce it.
• Himesh Reshammiya who was last seen in ‘The Xpose’ last year, is all set to back on the silver screen. The teaser of his next release ‘Heeriye’ will be attached with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s comeback movie ‘Jazbaa’ on October 9. ‘Heeriye’ is directed by debutant Vishal Mehra and produced by Essel Vission and HR Musik Limited.
• The official trailer of Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone starrer ‘Tamasha’ will be out on September 28, 2015. The Imtiaz Ali directed romantic drama film is scheduled to release on November 27, 2015.
• Salman Khan’s Eid release ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ successfully completed 50 days in theatres. This Kabir Khan directorial human drama collected Rs. 320.34 crore (Rs. 3.2 billion) nett in six weeks at the domestic box office.
• After launching Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt in his 2012 superhit movie ‘Student Of The Year’, Karan Johar is soon going to launch two more industry kids in one of his upcoming films. We heard that he will launch Shahid Kapoor’s brother Ishaan Khattar and Saif Ali Khan’s daughter Sara in an upcoming romantic movie under his home banner Dharma Productions. Interestingly both Shahid and Saif are also working together in Vishal Bhardwaj’s ‘Rangoon’.
• It seems that Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif starrer ‘Jagga Jasoos’ which was scheduled for release on June 3, 2016, will be postponed again. Director Anurag Basu has decided to reshoot most of the portions of the film and they will be shot between mid-January and April next year. Plus the music of the film is also not ready and music director Pritam want to craft the songs according to the screens; meaning it will also take some time to complete. In all probability, ‘Jagga Jasoos’ will definitely be postponed from June 3, 2016 release date.
• After ‘Singham’ and ‘Singham Returns’, Rohit Shetty and Ajay Devgn are ready to back with the third installment of this action drama. We have heard that the shooting of ‘Singham 3’ will probably begin after the completion of Rohit’s current on-going movie ‘Dilwale’, probably early next year.
• Remo D’Souza’s next movie ‘Flying Jatt’ that stars Tiger Shroff and Jacqueline Fernandez, will go on floors in December. The ‘ABCD’ director had earlier planned to roll it immediately but the busy schedules of Tiger and Jacqueline pushed it to December. Tiger is currently busy shooting for Sabbir Khan’s ‘Baaghi’ while Jacqueline is juggling between ‘Dishoom’ and ‘Housefull 3’. We have also heard that Remo has already started working on another project.
• South actress Anushka Shetty is soon going to make her debut in Bollywood and it is director E.Niwas (‘Shool’, ‘Love Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega’, ‘Dum’, ‘Bardaasht’, ‘De Taali’) who has decided to make it possible. Though there is not much details about the film yet, we have heard that it will be a crime drama which is reportedly based on a true story. The director is currently working on the script.
• ‘Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi’ fame director Bela Sehgal has collaborated with Sanjay Leela Bhansali (SLB) for her next film. The movie will be a fresh and modern love story based on today’s times and will star A-list actors. It will go on floors next year after the release of SLB’s much awaited ‘Bajirao Mastani’.
• French Film Production and Distribution firm Pathé has acquired the distribution rights of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ and Shahid Kapoor’s ‘Shaandar’ for release in France.