– And the journey of ‘Sultan’ begins today. The shooting for the Salman Khan starrer, to be directed by Ali Abbas Zafar, is starting from Sunday (November 22, 2015) in Karjat. To be produced by Yash Raj Films, ‘Sultan’ is one of the biggest releases of next year and there has been a huge curiosity generated among moviegoers. Salman will be seen playing a wrestler for which he is training hard for the last one month in Mumbai. An eminent action director has been flown in from overeases to train him in martial arts. Not only this, he has also beeefed up his muscles and gained a lot of weight to look like a wrestler. Although its filming is beginning today, the leading actress opposite Salman hasn’t been announced yet. However it has been reported that Parineeti Chopra has been confirmed for this film and the makers will soon make an official announcement about the casting. The film is expected to wrap in March/April 2016 and is slated to release on Eid weekend next year along with Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’.
– The release date of John Abraham and Shruti Haasan starrer ‘Rocky Handsome’ has been changed again. The film which was earlier scheduled to release on February 5, 2016, will now be hitting theatres after almost two months, i.e. March 25, 2016. With this, the movie will now enjoy the Holi-Good Friday weekend. It will be releasing on a holiday and then Sunday will bring in huge business for the film. The industry people who have watched portions of the film, are raving about it and if their reports are to be believed, ‘Rocky Handsome’ is going to be John’s biggest film ever.
– Rumour is that Akshay Kumar and A.R. Murugadoss who delivered ‘Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty’ last year, have teamed up once again for a new movie titled ‘Ikka’. The film is a fresh fictional story and will be completed in just two months of shooting. Though there is no confirmation about this film yet, reports suggest that it will go on floors in 2016 end and will release in mid-2017. There are also rumours that Akshay has been finalized for Murugadoss’s 2014 action drama ‘Kaththi’ Hindi remake which will be rolling in March 2016.
– Nikhil Advani whose two recent releases ‘Katti Batti’ and ‘Hero’ didn’t do well at box office, is now moving forward and gearing up for his next film. And good news is that, he is returning to his best known genre which he can put off really well. As per reports, Nikhil’s next film will be a crime-thriller on the lines of his much appreciated film ‘D-Day’ (2013). The director actually wanted to start ‘Bazaar’ with Hrithik Roshan, his another script based on the stock market, but he pushed the idea for later as he didn’t get Hrithik’s dates due to his commitments to other projects. And hence he decided to work on his next crime thriller first.
– There is no doubt that Bhushan Kumar’s T-Series is bringing back the era of singles and giving a perfect platform to singers, composers and actors to get renowned with their best work. The music company is working on more than six singles right now including Emraan Hashmi and Esha Gupta featuring “Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoo” which will be out this week. Another single titled “Wedding Da Season” featuring Shilpa Shetty will also be out on November 25, 2015. While the first single is sung by Armaan Malik and directed by Amit Sharma, the later is sung by Neha Kakkar, music by Amaal Mallik and lyrics by Kumaar.
– The makers of ‘Half Girlfriend’ wanted to cast Katrina Kaif as the leading lady but it has been reported that they have now approached Kriti Sanon for the same role after the ‘Dhoom 3’ actress turned down the offer. Kriti has reportedly liked the script and will give her final decision in a few days. If she agrees to be a part of this Chetan Bhagat story, she will be paired opposite Sushant Singh Rajput in the film. Directed by Mohit Suri, the film will go on floors mid next year.
– Sooraj Pancholi who debuted in Bollywood as a solo hero in Salman Khan Production’s ‘Hero’ (2015), will be sharing screen space with another actor in his second film. The actor’s next, to be directed by Remo D’Souza, will be a two-hero project. While the second lead is yet to be finalized, it has been reported that Sooraj will need to undergo heavy training before the film starts in mid next year. He will be sent to Bangkok for three months to learn martial arts for the preparation for his character. It has also been reported that the makers are planning to cast a fresh face opposite him in this action-packed film.
– Aditya Chopra’s next romantic saga ‘Befikre’ shooting will begin in Janaury 2016 in Paris. Ranveer Singh who is busy promoting Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s dream project ‘Bajirao Mastani’, will fly to Paris in Janaury along with the leading actress Vaani Kapoor and team to roll the film in a grand way.
– Singer Aditya Narayan is all set to end the year with a good note. His new single “Mohabbat” will be out by the end of this month while his one more single “Zindagi” will be releasing in December. Not only this, he will also launch his new entire album next month and then start the new year in a grand way hosting the new season of singing reality show ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’ in Janaury 2016.
– Shah Rukh Khan’s Red Chillies Entertainment has done a Rs. 2.2 billion deal with TV network Mutli Screen Media (MSM). As per this deal, MSM has acquired the satellite rights of Shah Rukh Khan’s upcoming three films which include ‘Dilwale’, ‘Fan’ and ‘Raees’. While the satellite rights for ‘Dilwale’ has been sold at whopping price of Rs. 600 million, the amount for other movies is not known. This is one of the biggest ever satellite rights deals in Bollywood.
– Ribhu Dasgupta’s directorial ‘TE3N’ starring Amitabh Bachchan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Vidya Balan will roll by the end of February 2016. It was actually planned to start in Janaury but it got postponed due to the busy schedule of Nawazuddin as he will be shooting some intense scenes with Shah Rukh Khan for ‘Raees’ at that time. ‘TE3N’, set in West Bengal, will be produced by Sujoy Ghosh.
– The last shooting schedule of Sunny Deol’s ‘Bhaiya Ji…Superhit’ will begin from November 24, 2015 in Wai and Panchgani. Directed by Neeraj Pathak and produced by Chirag Dhariwal under Metro Movies banner, the film also stars Arshad Warsi, Shreyas Talpade, Preity Zinta, Ashutosh Rana, Sanjay Mishra, Manoj Joshi and Mukul Dev.
– The 12th Bahamas International Film Festival (BIFF) will take place on December, 1-12, 2015. This year, the festival will showcase more than 130 films from 40 different countries including 9 international premieres, 28 Caribbean premieres which all are Bahamian premieres. Three Indian films – ‘India’s Daughter’, ‘Let’s Dance To The Rhythm’ and ‘Family Mart’, will be screening this year. The Bahamas International Film Festival is one of the world’s leading Caribbean film festivals and offers a platform to promote diverse culture, introducing the film industry to the region and providing an economic booster to the Bahamas.