Latest Trade News
– If all goes well, Arjun Kapoor and Parineeti Chopra who worked in ‘Ishaqzaade’, will be seen together once again. We are talking about Dibakar Banerjee’s next film which will be made under Yash Raj Films banner. While Arjun has already given his nod and is all set to begin this movie post the completion of ‘Mubarakan’, Parineeti is yet to sign on the dotted line. In this yet-untitled film, Arjun will reportedly be seen playing a Haryanavi cop. We are also hearing that Arjun has also signed ‘NH10’ fame Navdeep Singh’s next directorial which will be produced by Anand L Rai’s Color Yellow Production. According to Super Cinema Magazine, the film is said to be a serious take on an immigrant from Punjab who moves to Canada and ﬁnd a better life and is expected to mount the sets by 2017 end.
– The last schedule of Sridevi’s next film ‘Mom’ will be shot in Delhi in February. It was actually planned to be filmed in September last year but due to the ban on Pakistani artists following the Uri attack, it was cancelled. Now the makers are all set to shoot the final scenes and a song next week as Pakistani actors Sajal Ali and Adnan Siddiqui, who play Sridevi’s daughter and husband respectively in the film, have been granted visas to shoot in India. The film is planned to be wrapped by February 14 and looking at a May release. Directed by Ravi Udyawar, ‘Mom’ also stars Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Akshaye Khanna and Vikas Verma in pivotal roles.
– Rajkumar Hirani’s ‘Sanjay Dutt Biopic’ is going to be a very interesting ensemble cast project. It has already Ranbir Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor, Paresh Rawal and Anushka Sharma in pivotal roles and now one more veteran actress has joined the team. Manoj Bajpayee’s wife Neha Bajpayee (previously known as Shabana Raza), has come on board to play Sanjay’s wife Manyata Dutt in the much anticipated biopic. It will mark her comeback after Sanjay Gupta’s ‘Acid Factory’ which was released nine years back. The shooting of the movie has already begun in Mumbai and she is expected to join the sets in few weeks.
– Sushant Singh Rajput who turned 31 yesterday, has begun the preparation for his next movie ‘Drive’- to be directed by Tarun Mansukhani and also starring Jacqueline Fernandez. The film which is said to be in the genre of action and romance, will go on floors in mid-February. Besides doing reading sessions for ‘Drive’, Sushant has also started training at a Boeing 737 fixed base simulator to play an astronaut in Sanjay Puran Singh Chauhan’s ‘Chanda Mama Door Ke’. To prepare for his character, Sushant will go to NASA and spend almost a month with them to understand an astronaut’s body language and mindset. This space adventure is scheduled to roll in July this year.
Sushant will next be seen in Dinesh Vijan’s directorial debut ‘Raabta’ releasing in June. Besides these projects, he also has Homi Adajania’s ‘Takadum’ with Parineeti Chopra in the pipeline.
– Sajid Nadiadwala keeps in touch with individual distributors across territories and, time and again, treat them to a huge bash. And he is doing so once again and this time for ‘Judwaa 2’. Sajid has planned a big party for all his distributor friends who distributed the first ‘Judwa’ on coming 5 February. The producer, revealing his big bash plans, said to Box Office India, “They have been my friends for years. In fact, whenever I announce a film, I always give the first right of refusal to my old distributors. Even if my film is with a corporate house, I request them to consider my distributors for their respective territories. They’ve been part of my journey and David ji and I are collaborating once again for Judwa 2. So it’s an emotional thing for each one of us. I’m looking forward spending time with them.” ‘Judwaa 2′ stars Varun Dhawan, Taapsee Pannu and Jacqueline Fernandez along with Salman Khan’s special appearance.
– Oddball Motion Pictures’ ‘Behen Hogi Teri’ starring Rajkumar Rap, Shruti Haasan and Gautam Gulathi, has been wrapped now. The quirky comedy has been completed in just 36 days in Lucknow from start-to-finish. Only two songs are left to be shot which will be filmed in Mumbai next month. The film has six tracks in the movie by Rishi Rish, Jam8 and Jaidev Kumar. Directed by debutant Ajay K Pannalal and produced by Tony D’Souza, Amul Vikas Mohan and Nitin Upadhyaya, the movie is slated to release on 26 May.
– It’s just a couple of days before the release of ‘Raees’ and Shah Rukh Khan is leaving no stone unturned for its promotion. Now, the actor, along with producer Ritesh Sidwani and director Rahul Dholakia, will be traveling to Delhi by train to promote the gangster drama – the first Khan to do so. According to Catch News, “SRK will board August Kranti Rajdhani from Mumbai Central Railway station on Monday, 23 January 2017 at 5.40 pm that would reach Delhi on 24 January at 11 am. The train will take a halt at Andheri, Borivali, Vapi, Valsad, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara, Ratlam, Kota, Sawai Madhopur, Mathura and Hazrat Nizamuddin.”
Best Tweets of the Week
@chintskap – Jaipur Lit. Festival with Gulzar sahab this afternoon! The man whom I have never worked with in my 44 years career. Unbelievable feat! [Rishi Kapoor]
@iamsrk – Exhausted…phir bhi aa raha hoon.
@priyankachopra – This award would not be possible without this incredible cast and crew and writers and producers
@imbhandarkar – #12yrsofPage3, how time flies. Thank you to @konkonas, @bomanirani, @sandymridul, @atul_kulkarni, @tarasharmasaluj & the entire team. [Madhur Bhandarkar]
@KapilSharmaK9 – U can’t miss the masti with Badshah @iamsrk thanks for coming bhai.. all the best for #Raees lots of love n regards always
– Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ has collected Rs 376.14 crore in the domestic market, and Rs 197.70 crore in overseas as at collection Day 30.
– After singing “Rajj Rajj Ke” for A.R Murugadoss’s ‘Akira’ and her own single “Aaj Mood Ishqholic Hai”, Sonakshi Sinha is now gearing up to lend her voice for the third time. She will next be seen singing the song in her forthcoming slice-of-life movie ‘Noor’. The ‘Dabangg’ girl will be crooning the title track in Amaal Mallik’s composition. The video will be filmed shortly.
– The renowned French DJ and record producer DJ Snake is all set to perform in India. He will be performing at Sunburn Arena multi-city tour in February, along with supportive act by ‘Bass Raja’ Nucleya. They will perform in Hyderabad, Kolkata and Chennai on 17, 18 and 19 February respectively. Though the venue and other details are yet unknown, the advance booking is open on BookMyShow starting at INR 1000.
– Sunidhi Chauhan whose recent release “Bloody Hell” song from ‘Rangoon’ is already knocking the door of 10 million views on YouTube, has announced her first grand UK tour of this year, titled ‘Sunidhi Chauhan Live’. The extremely talented singer, known for winning hearts with her influential tone of voice, will perform in London on 25 February at The SSE Arena, and on 26 February in Leicester at De Montfort Hall. Book your seats if you are in London.